Ch. 33

Rei:"IM BACK!! Did u miss me?"

Rei then looked and realized the room was empty. She felt surprised not seeing kyoko there.

Rei:"Huh I thought she was inside already..."

Rei even checked the bathroom, it wasn't locked that means kyoko really wasn't there. She sighed and dropped the snacks on her bed and decided to stay on her phone for a bit...

Rei just had that bad feeling that something happened. She got up quickly and left the room to search for kyoko. Although this might be like searching for a needle in a haystack seeing how short kyoko is.

...
She finally found kyoko in one of the hallways walking alone while her face was hidden with her hair.

She quickly moved to catch up to kyoko and called out her name.

Rei:"Kyokooooo!! I finally found u. Why weren't u in the room? Were u secretly waiting for me?"

Rei was just emitting happy energy, but then suddenly sensed that maybe now wasn't the time for this it felt like the energy around kyoko was otherwise.

She poked kyoko who slapped her hand away.

Rei:"Ow. Hey what's wrong?"
Kyoko:"Shut up already."
Rei:"... R u back to ur emo phase or something? Or is that something u just never get over with?"

Kyoko gave rei a glare like never before and rei just knew she should shut up.

But... That night when they went to sleep. It didn't feel comfortable. Rei could feel that there was tension in the air. Usually yes kyoko does tell her to shut up, but there's like a difference in that tone of hers this time like she was absolutely serious abt not wanting to see rei's face.

On the following day. After some team practice rei and kyoko didn't train together. And it felt as though some of the girls noticed kyoko backing away from rei and they started approaching rei more.

"Rei-chan would u let me be ur sister in law?"
Rei:"Aha. Don't ask me abt that. If u want my brothers u better ask them urself even I don't know if they have time for a relationship seeing how obsessed they r with football."
"That means we just have to train harder in football and we'll get to be with them right?"

Rei scoffed at them. They sound like how she fangirls about genshin boys.

...
Even after trying to approach rei, they noticed like something was on her mind. When rei went ahead and asked abt it, she saw how the mood turned gloomy.

Rei:"I'll ask again. None of u know why kyoko is acting like this?"
"Komatsu was always that way. Ur just seeing her true colors now."

Rei wasn't buying that. She spent more time with kyoko than any of these girls did. They're the ones who don't know how kyoko really is.

Rei:"Did u irritate her? Or did u guys say something again that triggered her?"

Rei gave them a sharp look making them flinch. They tensed up.

"Hey ur being pretty rude rn accusing us like this."
Rei:"Hmm. Maybe because u guys seem to act a bit suspiciously when I bring up kyoko. But since ur saying u didn't do anything...Then how abt u truly look me in the eyes and tell me u didn't do anything."

She glared into the girl and the girl flinched. She averted her eyes and moved her head sideways.

Rei sighed.

Rei:"I said u had to keep looking me in the eyes. Sigh. Who do u think ur fooling?"

It must've been one of those times where u could see the resemblance between sae and rei. Rei left them while feeling irritated. While some other girls rolled their eyes at rei not understanding why she gave them the attitude.