Ch. 24

(this is all abt hiori's backstory if u aren't caught up with the manga it's all spoilers from ch206 😭)

Rei:"Rin."
Rin:"The hell u want?"

They were just sitting in the living room. Actually it was only rin sitting down while rei was moving back and forth repeatedly.

Rei:"I'm worried!!! R u not worried too??"
Rin:"About?"
Rei:"Hiori... He hasn't texted these days at all. Did he reply to u at least?"
Rin:"Well now that u mentioned it... He really hasn't texted either of us."

They both shared a concerned look. Something really does feel wrong.

Rei:"Uh let's go check on him. I'm very worried. Yk when u have that reaaaalllyyyyy bad feeling?"
Rin:"Yeah... Okay let's go."

Rin was also worried abt hiori. He may seem a bit indifferent sometimes but now that rei mentioned this he knew that they both shared that bad feeling for quite a while. It wasn't really that often that hiori doesn't reply to them.

With that the twins left the living room and wore their shoes to leave the house.

They decided to use the metro cuz they'd reach his home quicker that way.

They both entered the station. As they were was no place to sit down so both of them used the handle.

Rei used rin's hand instead of using the actual thing cuz it was easier for her to reach.

Rin:"Shorty."
Rei:"Shut up. This is just more convenient."
Rin:"It's annoying that's what it is."
Rei:"I'm glad u find it bothersome 😘"

He rolled his eyes looking so done with her. But he could feel her worry as she tightly held onto his hand. It was trembling a bit.

Rin:"Calm down stupid. He's gonna be fine."
Rei:"I really hope so..."

....
And so they reached hiori's house. They heard some screaming on the inside. The twins shared yet another concerned look with one another.

Rei:"Uh do we still ask?.."
Rin nodded. It's not like they had any other choice.

...
The twins both had their eyes widen as they heard what hiori's mom said.

Rei:"Huh? Mrs. Hiori what do u mean he's not here?"
His mom was tearing up looking like she's losing it.

(iykyk 😍)

"Rei-chan please. He suddenly disappeared this morning without a word. I'm looking for him everywhere. We can't lose him like this..."
She then heard her whisper something weird.

"Our efforts... To make him number one..."

Rin and rei shared a worried look.

The mom held rei's hands.

(no they're not that close to his parents but hiori was forced to introduce the twins at some point which he absolutely despised doing so)

"PLEASE IF YOU FIND HIM GET HIM BACK HERE!! I CANT LET THINGS END!!"

Rei wasn't sure what she meant by let things end but she nodded at her and hiori's mom thanked her.

With that they both left.

Rin:"Something is off."
Rei:"right? Why was his mom acting like that... Sigh. Now where do we find him?.."
Rin:"We have only two options. The arcade he usually goes to. Then his school. Most probably at the football field."

Rei nodded at rin with that they started their finding hiori search.

On their way they were met by none other than a tall black haired male.