Ch. 10

Rei:"Mama?"
Mom:"Yes dear?"
She pointed at sae and rin.
Rei:"Why are we the ones wearing masks when those two idiots are the ones who got sick??"
Mom:"Cuz ur poor brothers would suffocate?"

Sae started coughing violently in the background. Sigh. Rei accepted her mom's answer. Those two actually look so pale and dead.

Rin was even in a worse state. He had vomited all the food he ate.

Both their temperatures were high enough being 39 degrees.

They were feeling so bothered by the heat, the sweat, the fever, the cough, and the coldness.

It was currently 5 am in the morning. Rin was crying from the pain his mother ran quickly. Sae on the other hand tried to keep the pain inside and didn't let himself cry. But it was hell. Their heads hurt so badly.

Rei had come to help cuz she heard noise from her brothers' room. Her mom insisted rei to go back to sleep but she refused and decided to help. She doesn't like to see them in pain. Maybe at first it was funny but now they actually looked so bad and tired she was feeling guilty.

Their mom was looking over rin while rei was looking over sae. They'd change but rin's condition was much worse he needed his mother by his side.

Sae:"How come ur not sick?"
His sister was changing the towel on his head to a new one she gave him a dirty look.
Rei:"Maybe cuz I didn't stay in the rain like a certain idiot. And did u forget I'm the one with the best immunity out of all of us don't go getting jealous abt that."

She said putting her mask down just to stick her tongue at him.

He frowned but then went back to lying on bed cuz he was too tired to argue with his sister. His body was hurting all over. It's even impossible to go play football.

She felt guilty making fun of him in that state tho.
Rei:"don't worry mama and I will be here for u two. You'll get better."
Sae nodded then closed his eyes. Sleeping might be the best option rn.
She tried doing what he does for her. Ruffle his hair. Maybe he'd feel comfort by her presence.

She got up to check on rin. Their mom left to get their medicine. So just in case she wanted to see if her twin is still alive :')

He was breathing heavily.
Rei:"Rin..."
Rin:"Nee-chan... It hurts... I feel so nauseous..."
Rei ruffled his hair.
Rei:"Don't worry. The pain will go away eventually its alright. Just rest as much as u can."
He tried to thank her for the comfort but ended up coughing instead. She started patting his back.

Rei:"Rin it's fine. U don't have to talk ur voice is already gone give it a rest."
He looked down and nodded. She tried catching his hand. She'd hug him too but rin insisted that she was getting too close she might become sick afterwards so she had better keep distance.

Rei wasn't afraid of getting sick it's always rare for her anyway.
Someone entered through the door. Their mother had come back.
Mom:"Rei. Go get ready for school. I've informed the school abt sae and rin they'll be absent."

Rei was overly jealous they get to skip school but then she remembered they're probably going through worse so she just shut her mouth.

She ruffled rin's hair one more time while holding his hand.
Rei:"I'll be off now. Make sure to eat ur medicine rin ik u hate the taste but u need to get better okay?"
He nodded and sat straight so that he can take the medicine.

Her eyes then glanced over sae one last time before leaving both her brothers and going for school.

She has to admit it'll be lonely without them.