Ch. 9

It was just another day of doing homework on the weekend. It was irritating.
Rei was sighing.
Rei:"Why do I study during the week just to come back and study during the weekend too..."
She was mumbling to herself it sounded like she was saying some kind of ritual to summon a demon to her brothers' ears.

Rin:"Hey rei what's 2x5?"
Rei:"Lets check the time table idk either."
Sae was with them in the living room. He was sitting on the couch chilling as usual instead of doing his homework cuz he's in his rebellious phase 😘

Sae:"It's 12."
Rin:"Oh thanks nii-chan you're the best <3"
Rei:"I didn't know u were good at math ty <3"
Sae nodded his head feeling like he accomplished something big.
And just to clarify in terms of studies and intelligence this was the itoshis rankings:
1st is Rin
2nd is Rei
3rd is Sae...
He literally doesn't know anything other than football <3 (Canon fr)

Rei saw the times table somewhere that day and for fun she looked at 2x5 and it was 10...and 2x6 was 12...
She poked rin multiple times.
Rei:"Hey hey hey rin-"
Rin:"What is it?"
Rei:"Didn't sae-nii say 2x5 is 12? Why does this say 10-"
Rin:"Hm? It's probably a mistake there's no way nii-chan is wrong."
Rei:"Yeah. Sure..."
For some reason she felt something wrong. But nonetheless she trusted rin who unfortunately without hesitation trusted his older brother...

Their marks got deducted in that class 💀💀

Later that day rei learnt that sae was an absolute idiot in studying. And should never be asked for help in homework ever again. She looked disappointed at the red markings on her homework paper.
Rei:"I'm never trusting u again."
She shifted her eyesight from her homework to sae.
Sae:"Then u tell me whats 2x5"
Rei:"It's 10 u idiot."
It was bold of him to assume his sister was as dumb as him in math 😘
Rin:"Yeah we kinda learnt that the hard way..."
Sae:"10 or 12 it's the same thing."
Rei:"Not to our math teacher tho 🤡"
Rei:"How did u even pass third grade??"
Sae:"That doesn't matter. Math is lukewarm anyway."
He was trying to sound cool brushing off the topic like studying was a waste of his oh so precious time.

Their mom heard them in the distance arguing and that last sentence her son had said piqued her quite a bit.
Mom:"Sae. I don't wanna hear that coming from ur mouth when ur grades are the lukewarm ones."

(credits to my friend for making this great joke abt sae's lukewarm grades 😘)

That day she forced sae to stay at home until he finished homework to be able to leave and play.

Literally as soon as he finished he ran outside like at the speed of light until his mom caught him.
Sae:"I swear I finished now what?"
Mom:"Wear something warmer. It's getting cold outside. Here take ur jacket."
She said while handing him his jacket.

He didn't take it.
Sae:"It's not that cold outside it's fine. I'll go ahead now."
He said while waving a goodbye and leaving. Rin also went behind his brother. Only rei was left.
Rei:"Mama let me take his jacket."
Mom:"Sigh. Take it. Be careful. Look after ur brothers too."
Rei:"Sure. Bye bye."
she said as she stole sae's fav jacket. Oh my god had she always wanted to wear it but knew he'd kill her if she did.

Did she care though? Absolutely not.
If she has the opportunity she'll snatch it.

...
It was freezing outside. Like they were all being put into the freezer of their kitchen.

A certain someone aka itoshi sae might have felt a bit of regret that he didn't get his jacket when his mom offered...

Was he gonna go back to get it?
Absolutely not.
If he goes back now he'd be admitting that his mom was right. His pride did not let him go.