Ch. 13

Sae:"Mom. I got an offer... It's a very crucial one."

The mom was at utter shock. Sae either comes to her for either of 3 reasons.
1)He's bored and wants to annoy her.
2)He wants something.
3)He actually has something serious to discuss which was a 0.01% possibility.

Mom:"What offer was it?"
Sae:"It's from Spain. At Real Madrid. One of the world's best football clubs. I want to go..."

The mom excitedly jumped up and hugged her son. Sae was very much surprised by her reaction. He really thought she would be stubborn abt this and telling him to stay here and all but...

Mom:"I'm so proud of u sae... My little boy is getting such great offers to achieve his dream."

Sae wasn't sure if she realized he has to travel abroad.
Sae:"Uhm.. I'm gonna have to travel abroad... To Spain... If u didn't realize yet-"
Mom:"..."
She stopped for a second to process things.

Her mouth opened to say something. Then she closed it.
Mom:"Dear give me a few minutes. Mommy needs to process this for a bit come back in a bit."

Sae left the room only to hear his mom punch something. He flinched at that.
Sae: oh well...

After 15 minutes he heard his mom call him. He went in the room and his face went confused until he realized what happened to his mom.
Sae:" Were u... Crying? "
Mom:"No."
Sae:"... Ur mascara is all over ur face."
Mom:"I forgot I even put it this morning... Sigh. Sit down sae. We have a lot to talk abt concerning this."

Sae nodded his head. Honestly he really thought she'd be scolding or screaming at him abt this. But surprisingly she's been quite calm when talking with him abt it.

Mom:"You had a lot of offers given to u before but you've turned down most of them. So why are u very sure abt this one sae?"
Sae:"It's real Madrid. One of the best ever in the world. If I go there I'll be able to catch up to my dream for real."

His mom looked at him worriedly
Mom:"Are u sure ur serious abt this?"
Sae:"More than ever. I want to go there. They're gonna provide for me all expenses. An assistant will be sent to come pick me up from Japan and ride with me so it's not like I'm traveling alone. Here see for urself."
He gave her his phone and showed her everything he's been informed of abt this.

The mom's eyes seemed to still have worry for her son. No matter what people call him, itoshi sae the child prodigy or whatever, he's still her son sae. Having him travel alone... Yes he's a strong boy but he's still 13. Is she really that confident that sae would be alright facing the world alone at the age of 13? Wasn't it too early for him?

She sighed and looked at him while placing her hands on his shoulder.
Mom:"Lsn sae. The world out there is a scary place. Mama's worried abt u going there when ur still 13. But... Ik ur stubborn. You'll convince me abt this using whatever methods u can so... I leave the choice up to u. I have no right to tie u down here whatsoever. This offer was given to u. U get to decide if u want it or u want to turn it down. I'll support u with whatever u want to go with alright? "

Sae was actually really touched by his mother's words. She actually gave him the freedom and everything. He was really happy abt this. He can finally go to his dream.
Sae:"Thank you... Really thank you so much mama..."

She gave him a soft smile then she sterned up her a face a bit.
Mom:"But ofc there are conditions young man!! Especially if things get hard u text me. The outside world is not going to welcome u with open arms sae. I'm serious abt this. Okay?"

He nodded at her. Right. He forgot that what he has here at Japan won't be the same outside.

Mom:"Also let me talk to them just to be sure again. I want to be sure it's 100% safe."