Ch.34

Kyoko:"You're better off without me. "
Rei:"Huh? That's ur reason?"
Kyoko:"...You. I have no idea why. Do u not realize ppl don't approach u because u hang out with me?"

Rei looked at her with a dumbfounded look. Then raised her eyebrow at kyoko.

Rei:"But I'm sure that I told u I don't care abt any of that."
Kyoko:"But they all started spreading rumors abt u because u go with me? Rei...I can't stand it. That someone gets dragged down just because they're with me. Ur life would be so much easier if u never approached me in the first place-"

Rei covered kyoko's mouth and looked at her with a blank expression.

Rei:"Kyoko. Calm down."

Kyoko removed rei's hand with a questioned look on her face.

Kyoko:"Huh? I'm calm-"
Rei:"No. Ur not calm right now."

She interrupted kyoko then sighed.

Rei:"Really? U left because u were worried abt rumors? Abt ppl not approaching me? Do u really think I had no one spread rumors of me before? It's not abt u being by my side. These things always happen. Just because ur there doesn't mean it's ur fault kyoko. Ppl find mistakes in otherd whether they're the most angelic or worst ppl on earth. They'll look for that small black dot on a large white paper and point it out. "

Kyoko didn't know what to feel. Especially when she heard the words 'its not ur fault just because ur there' hit her really hard.

Rei:"Come let's sit down. I need to clear up to u many things if that's the reason u thought going away for me was for my benefit."

She caught kyoko by the hand and had them sit face to face to one another.

Rei:"And let me complete my story first then I'll hear ur response okay?"

Kyoko nodded a bit so then rei started. Kyoko was feeling down and guilty this whole time because they were together?? Oh hell nah. Rei won't be letting things this way.

Rei:"First of all as I said. I don't like being approached by everyone especially ppl who's true colors ik of or the ppl that give me bad vibes. Ur not like some of the girls here. Having one good friend is a better than having 100 friends with ill intentions. So get that in ur head that I don't like everyone on the u20 either. I don't enjoy everyone's company. I may be talkative and extroverted but it doesn't mean everyone is someone I want to be friends with."

Kyoko had never seen rei look more serious in her life. When it comes to comforting someone she truly cares abt then she'll do anything to make sure they feel better again.

Rei then continued.

Rei:"And spreading rumors abt me?"

She laughed a bit then continued.

Rei:"It sounds funny even now. I was labeled the popular girl at school. Bold of u to assume it's my first time having ppl say rumors behind my back. It seriously has nothing to do with u. Even if we weren't friends. Ppl who want to talk abt someone badly will find even the slightest mistake or time they let their guard down and turn it against them. Honestly the girls in u20 spreading rumors abt me is cute in comparison to the ones I had at school. Like come on they told me I went through plastic surgery. That I play around with boys' hearts and other stuff that I don't even want to mention. But honestly it just gets to a point where u don't care anymore yk? I'm pretty sure that's how I saw ur attitude towards ur own rumors when I first met u."

Kyoko's eyes widened. Right rei always seemed like the popular girl. How did it slip her mind that rei had many rumors surrounding her as well. She thought only abt... herself...