Chapter 23

{I want to take care of Master}

There was a dull pain in his stomach, but she had to go to the laboratory later, so Jennie went back to the lounge of the Cardiac Surgery Department, intending to take a rest.

After drinking Jisoo's warmed milk and pulling up the curtains, Jennie lay down.

Last night and today at noon, she stood for two surgeries in a row, and her energy was exhausted. After closing her eyes for a long time,  Jennie fell into a deep sleep.

In my sleep, I saw the little girl standing alone in the crowd again.

That was what happened when she was five years old, but it was clearly engraved in her mind. For more than twenty years, she wanted to forget it, but she couldn't.

Whenever the body and mind are exhausted, the memory of the past will entrain the blade, and it will unstoppably ravage the atrium with the attitude of a gust of wind passing through the border.

Destroy the already empty heart into a desert.

That time, she and her grandmother got separated in the outpatient building. The ambulance roared in, sending the injured of the major car accident to the emergency department one by one.

She stood bewildered among the hurried crowd, surrounded by heart-piercing cries, and the blood-stained wounded in front of her eyes.

"Kids, don't stand here and block the way!"

"Get out of the way, get out of the way!"

"Quickly call the blood bank for a blood match, call the orthopedic and cardiac surgery departments, and ask them to take a look!"

She clutched the corner of her clothes tightly, carefully dodged the running adults, retreated to the corner, her back was pressed against the cold tiles, and her heart was panicked.

In the chaos of war, no one has time to take care of a little girl who is as inconspicuous as a bean sprout.

She had no choice but to stand silently in the corner, not crying, but terrified in her heart.

The door of the emergency room opened and closed, and people passing by turned a blind eye to her, and her bright eyes gradually dimmed.

"Professor, the patient's condition is really bad, please come and take a look."

"What's going on now?"

"The left ventricle was ruptured, the amount of bleeding was very heavy, and the blood pressure had dropped to..."

Hearing the sound, she raised her head and met the eyes of the person walking towards her.

The man called the professor was over fifty years old, but he didn't look old. He walked vigorously, his eyes were piercing, and his temperament exuded the calmness and stability accumulated from thirty years of professional experience.

When she saw Jennie, a trace of astonishment flashed in his eyes, and he turned to the doctor in the emergency department and said, "Go and rescue him first, I'll come right away."

Then he walked up to Jennie and looked down at her, the corners of his mouth were tense, unable to read his emotions.

Jennie opened her mouth silently, the title she hadn't said for a long time was so unfamiliar that she dared not pronounce it.

The outpatient building was full of people, but the corner where she was sitting was as quiet as stagnant water.

She heard the man say, "You shouldn't have come."