Chapter 56

songs for this chapter
love by Lana Del Rey
Cherry by Lana Del Rey

LIZ'S P.O.V

I've been staying with Harry for the past four days.

Those four days were spent moving stuff out of our old apartment and into our new one, with the help of Harry, Niall, and Liam we managed to move everything in less than two days. We threw most of the old decorations out of the apartment, so Lexi, Naomi, and I went to multiple stores yesterday and bought flowers, paintings, and a bunch of cute decorations that would look good in our new home.

It feels very melancholic to move out of the only home I've ever known, but it had to be done. Harry was also a bit disappointed when I told him I wouldn't be staying with him full-time, but I did promise him that I'll be at his door annoying him to death multiple times a week. He said I couldn't annoy him, I had to remind him of the multiple times he said my voice alone gave him a headache.

As much as I wanted to stay with him, I couldn't. Lexi needed me, and I've been such a bad friend these past few months that this was the only way I knew I could make it up to her. She's still scared of being alone, it's that kind of fear that won't fade away quickly, I promised her that I wouldn't leave her again. I intend to keep that promise.

Things have been somewhat normal this week, well as normal as my life could get. Adrienne's contract is still tucked into the glove compartment of my car along with her invite to the gala. The same gala that's in two weeks. The same gala I haven't told anyone I was invited to. I'm gonna have to do it sooner than later, but I'm putting it off for as long as possible because I know Harry's reaction is going to be anything but good, he's gonna try to get me not to go, but we both know that is impossible. I'm nervous about showing up, however, this gala wasn't supposed to be for another few months which makes me wonder what Adrienne has planned.

The smell of smoke burns my nostrils, the cigarette tucked between Harry's lips. The window is wide open, his elbow resting out of it as his ringed fingers hold the half-smoked cigarette. Black sunglasses covered his eyes, and his hair flying in different directions from the wind blowing into the car. Black silk shirt hugging his torso, the top buttons left open to reveal his tattoos and the golden cross he never takes off, loose white pants hugging his waist, black leather shoes that go along with it. It's hard not to stare at him when he looks like that.

"Are you gonna tell me where we are going now?" I lean my head on the headrest, my fingers playing with the hem of my yellow dress.

I've been dying from anticipation from the moment we got in this car, Harry said he had a surprise for me, and I've done everything I can to get him to spill what he's hiding from me. I told him I hated surprises, he didn't care, he still didn't tell me where he was taking me. It was killing me slowly.

"Patience, Liz, we're almost there," he throws the cigarette out of the window, his lips curling into a small smile when I groan in annoyance.

There's nothing more I hated than not knowing, especially when it came to other people surprising me. The only thing I knew, was that this was technically a date. I had no other clue.

I put on a simple yellow silk dress that went down to my knees, the material hugged my waist tightly but was loose on my hips. A small slit down my right thigh, a small bow plastered on the top of the dress just between my chest. I paired it with a pair of white heels and a denim jacket just in case it gets too cold. I did my makeup simply, red lipstick and a small winged eyeliner, my hair curled, and a simple pair of gold hoop earrings on my ears. Again, Harry wouldn't spill a single detail of this date, not even giving me a hint on what we were doing so I could dress accordingly. I just hope that I'm not too overdressed for whatever it was that we were doing.