Chapter 50

TW: this chapter contains mentions of drug abuse and relapse, if I need to write a summary at the end for this chapter and the rest that contain similar content please let me know.

USA: 1-800-662-HELP
UK: +441483944367
SPAIN: 900 16 15 15
ITALY: 39 800 186070
CANADA: 1-800-663-1441
POLAND: 800 199 990

these are some numbers of hot lines I could find online, take care of yourselves.

Sending you lots of love <3

LIZ'S P.O.V

I got fired from my job the next day.

I knew that me getting fired was inevitable, nobody would want a journalist with a dirty reputation. But, I guess a part of me hoped it wouldn't have happened this soon. I still haven't found the time to process everything in my head, between the video getting leaked and me getting fired I was an emotional wreck.

I got the news the morning after I woke up in Louis' house. I spent the night there along with Lexi and Niall, the three of us stayed in the pool for hours before the rain got too harsh and we were forced to move back inside.

The rest of the night we spent cuddled up on the couch, watching The Office until we all fell asleep at around 3 a.m. I was woken up four hours later to the annoying sound of my phone ringing nonstop. Most of the calls were from Zayn, I ignored all of them and only responded to the one's from my boss.

The moment I read his name on my screen I knew what was coming, God, I just hated that it had to happen so soon.

Two hours later I was back in my office, packing up my stuff with tears in my eyes. The moment I walked inside I got dirty and judgmental looks from everyone, it made me want to crawl inside a hole and never come back out. I've never felt this bad about myself before. I pitied myself, but I also hated myself for how stupid and reckless I got that night.

I packed up all of my stuff along with Jess's help. She's always been the only person with whom I was able to make friends here, from the moment I walked into this office to now she's always been kind. 

A part of me loved her because of how much she reminded me of Candice.

I looked around my office one last time, with sorrow filling my chest I walked out without looking back. I felt everyone's judgmental eyes on me, but somehow I managed to ignore them as I walked to the elevator.

Seconds later I was back on the first floor, walking through the empty halls in silence.

I managed to speed walk to my car, shoving my stuff in the backseat before I got in the driver's seat. I drove out of the parking lot and made my way to Harry's house.

I haven't talked to him yet, and I wasn't planning on doing it anytime soon. He called me multiple times last night, and I ignored every single call. Every message he sent was left unanswered, a part of me felt guilty for doing that, and another part of me didn't care as much.

I just needed the time to process everything myself, between the tape, getting fired, the gala, and the contract I needed to be left alone.

When the time comes I'll talk to him, I just don't know if I'll forgive him.

I made it to his house, with anxiety filling every bone in my body. I parked my car right next to the unfamiliar one that seemed to take up space in the front yard. I walk out of my car, staring at the orange one next to me.

I swallow harshly, opening the front door only to be met with complete silence once I step inside. I looked around the hallway, the kitchen, and the living room, but no one was there, not even Willow who usually runs at the sound of the front door opening.