Chapter 49

songs for this chapter
Ribs by Lorde ( second part of the chapter)
-
LIZ'S P.O.V

Slut.

That's what thousands of people were calling me online.

My name was being dragged through the mud by people I didn't even know. My reputation that was clean up until now was stained, completely ruined all because of that one video.

"Did you leak the fucking video?" My voice raises, my hands gripping the phone tightly until my knuckles turn white.

Harry somehow managed to release his wrists from the belt, getting out of bed right after to step in-front of me. He grabs my phone, staring at the link and messages Lexi sent me, "What are you talking about?"

"The video," my voice breaks, "The one that the camera in the living room captured, did you leak it?"

The same video I trusted him with, the same one only him and I were supposed to know about is now public knowledge to thousands of people online. The full video wasn't leaked yet, just blurry images and screenshots, but they were clear enough to make out his face and mine.

"No. What?" He looks at the small screen in his hands. "Liz, I swear to God I didn't leak it."

"You're the only one who had access to the footage Harry," I yell, tears streaming down my face.

"I didn't leak the video, Liz," he pauses, "Why would you even assume that?" His voice slightly raises, his green eyes flashing with hurt.

"Because only you could access the camera footage, the video was kept on your computer," I pointed an accusing finger at him, my hands trembling from the amount of panic that was flooding through my body.

"I didn't, I promise you, Liz, it wasn't me," he steps closer, his hand extending to touch me but I back away, pushing his hand away from me.

"Don't," my voice breaks again, "don't touch me."

"Liz calm down," he turns off my phone, placing it on the bed as he tries his best to comfort me but I wasn't having it.

"Don't tell me to calm down," I yelled through the tears, my pulse rising along with my voice. "I'm the one being called names online, I'm the one getting death threats, I'm the one being called a slut and a whore, and every other fucking name you can think off," I paused, and he stays silent, swallowing harshly as he looks at me with an unreadable look in his eyes. "I can lose my job over this, don't you dare tell me to fucking calm down."

"I promise you it wasn't me. You can trust me."

"Can I?" My voice comes out condescendingly low, my heart beating faster in my chest.

"Yes, you can." He looks taken aback by my words, his voice slightly rising. "I would never do that to you."

"I don't know it I believe you," my voice breaks. "The tape was kept on your computer, Harry, you're the one who could access it; you're the only one who could post it."

"Don't." His jaw clenched, his nostrils flared in anger. "Don't blame me. The only reason why I even kept the tape was because of you, I wanted it gone, but you didn't."

"You're making it sound like it's my fault," I pause. "It's not," I shake my head in disbelief. "I told you to keep it because I trusted you." Maybe, just maybe it was partially my fault, I should've never blindly put my trust in him with something so private and intimate. Zayn said it first, I couldn't trust anyone; I couldn't trust Harry.

"I'm not saying it's your fault, but you wanted to keep the tap-"

I grabbed my phone from the bed, not making eye contact with him as I stormed out of the bedroom. My footsteps echo harshly, ricocheting from walk to wall as I speed down the stairs and into the hallway.