Chapter 33

a/n: the black roses at the gala symbolise death.

-

LIZ'S P.O.V

Zayn kneels down close to me, touching my shoulder as he says something in my ear. I try to listen, but the voices screaming inside my head calling me a killer are louder than his, I try to block them out but I can't.

His body is right next to mine, blood all over the floor and on my dress, my hands, and my chest. The single K letter he managed to finish was bleeding a lot, and I didn't realize it until Zayn ripped a piece out of his blouse and placed it over the open wound, pressing it harshly to stop the bleeding.

I wince out in pain the second the thin material makes contact with the open wound. "I know it hurts but keep your eyes on me, Liz, I'm right here, talk to me,"

"I- I can't," I cry out in pain, my voice strained and broken. I was tired, so, so tired of life. I just killed one of the few people who ever cared about me.

"Yes, yes, you can. Keep your eyes on me, please, Liz," he pleads me, with one hand pressing onto my wound as the other types something on his phone quickly. His hand shakes as he turns off the phone, throwing it gently onto the floor.

"I killed him," I cry out, my head leaned against the wall as I fight to keep my eyes open.

"Fuck," he curses under his breath, both hands pressing against the wound, I must've been bleeding a lot, his hands now covered in my blood. "Keep talking, Liz, please, just keep talking to me."

I shake my head slowly, still lean against the wall. I choke out a small cough, "I can't do it anymore, I'm so tired."

"I know, just hold on a little while longer, we'll get you to a hospital soon."

I shake my head again, my eyes fluttering shut, "No, no hospitals, I'm begging you."

"You're bleeding a lot," he argues back.

"I'll be fine, please, no hospitals."

"Okay, okay," he doesn't argue back, even though I know he really wants to. "Keep your eyes on me, please."

I lean my head forward, fluttering my eyes open to look at him. His hands covered in blood, his eyes covered in fear. He presses the wound harder, and that's when I hear quick footsteps coming from the other end of the hallway.

All three of them run my way, Harry whose eyes are puffy and red from what I can only guess is crying reaches me first, kneeling down on one knee as he looks between Zayn and I.

"What the hell happened here?" His eyes moved to Zack, who was dead, next to me.

"I killed him," I whisper again, reminding myself of the monstrous act I committed because I didn't want to die.

First I got Candice murdered, all because she was someone close to me and I managed to piss off the wrong person. Sweet, kind, Candice. The old woman that treated me like her own daughter, that cared for me more than my own mother, and I managed to get her killed.

Maybe her death wasn't completely my fault, but Zack's was. His mother lost his life because of something I did, all he wanted was to get back at me, and in some weird twisted way I sympathized with him. He wanted me dead, willing to kill me himself, and all I could think about was the guilt of getting his mother killed and the pity I felt for him.

In some weird fucked up ways, I understood him, and if it wasn't for Lexi, I would've let him kill me.

God, Lexi is gonna lose it if she finds out Zack's dead too. He wasn't just someone I knew, he was also her friend. Him and his sister, Kathrine, the kind girl that treated me like her own sister and in return I managed to get her mother killed and stab her brother multiple times.