Chapter 02

LIZ'S P.O.V

"You know who that was, right?" Lexi mumbles beside me, shifting in her seat until she finds a comfortable position.

"No?" I furrow my brows, looking out the window as the car drives right past Zayn.

I bite my lower lip, my blurry eyes focused only on him until he completely disappears out of my vision. His brown eyes stayed glued in my mind even after the car drove away, the way they observed every detail of my body was enough to make my whole body burn. His black hair, the single strand sticking out as it framed his face perfectly, the tattoos that went up from his neck, to his chest and down to his hands, the rings and the single ear piercing he had on his right ear, it was enough to drive me insane.

"Zayn Malik," she sighs tiredly. "Guitarist of the famous rock band Ecstasy."

"Never heard of 'em," I say, leaning my head on the window as we drive out of the alleyway.

Lexi rolled her eyes in response, pulling out her phone from the small purse she was carrying. She types something on it quickly and then hands the phone over to me. With curious eyes, I looked over to the website she had opened, an article about the band that included a picture of every member.

I take in a small breath, "Believe it or not, he kicked me out of the women's bathroom," I point my finger at the curly-headed one, the same guy that bumped into me on my way to the bathroom and the same one that kicked me out.

"Ah, Harry Styles, lead singer," she smiles, "Don't know much about him," she shrugs her shoulders. "He's either an asshole or he's kind, depending on who you ask."

"You don't say," I roll my eyes, looking back at the picture, my finger pointing at the brunette with blue eyes, "I think this one offered me ecstasy."

She lets out a chuckle, I furrow my brows looking at her confused. "Get it, ecstasy?"

"No," I deadpan.

"The name of the band, hence the drug," She raises her brows, waiting for my response. When I stay quiet, staring at her with raised brows she lets out a disappointed sigh, "You're no fun," she mumbles under her breath.

I roll my eyes even though she can't see me, unlocking my phone before I search for Instagram on my home screen. I open the app, typing in Zayn's name, and clicking on his profile. I scroll through his feed, looking at each photo with curious eyes before I move on to looking him up on Google.

The car comes to a sudden stop, distracting me from the article about Zayn that I had been reading for the past few minutes. I couldn't help looking him up everywhere, it's rare to meet a guy in L. A that's attractive but also down to earth.

I turn my phone off as Lexi gets up from her seat, closing the door behind her as I search for my purse. I draw my brows together, my left hand roaming around the backseats of the Uber as I vigorously attempt to find my purse.

"Have you seen my purse?" I open the car door, looking over at Lexi who just stares at me with tired eyes.

"No," Lexi replies. "I didn't see you come in with a purse."

I rub my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose right after as the memory of me walking out of the bathroom quickly flashes in my brain. "I forgot it at the club."

"Ah," Lexi replies. "Want me to go back with you?"

"No, it's fine, just go home," I replied.

"You sure?" She asks, I nod back.

"Can you drive me back to the place you picked us up from?" I ask the Uber driver, closing the door behind me at the same time. He gives me a small thumbs up, as I murmur a quiet 'thank you' while putting on my seatbelt.