chapter 20 : summertime

Start from the beginning

When she was listening to this, Y/n had made her way to the bathroom that had a covered mirror, before grabbing all three of the pills, she had been back on and popping them inside of her mouth. "I might stop over, to see what the Gallaghers are doing, It's been a while." 

"So don't be a cunt and make sure your home to answer the door, love you." Claire quickly spoke before hanging up the phone; Y/n placed her phone inside of her bra before throwing on a tanktop; and shorts, wishing that she was able to layer more clothes on her but truly knowing that she was going to pass out if she went outside with a bunch of layers on. 

Making her way down the steps of the house that she honestly did miss being inside. Lucy was sitting on the couch half asleep with MTV on the television blasting at the loudest volume. 

Dragging herself into the kitchen she opened the fridge getting a yoghurt and water not hungry since Claire was already going to bring her a sandwich. "Dont expect there to be dinner, I have work all night" Lucy pointed out her voice coming out of her mouth as if she was drunk. "Watch over the house while I'm gone." 

"Okay." Not arguing with her and just eating her yoghurt and watching whatever her mother was watching on the television. "I'm going to sleep over next door, just to catch up a little" 

"You do that." Lucy smacked her lips together holding onto the pillow. "Don't check in on your mother though, and tell her about your second rehab experience; shouldn't be much different from the first." 

A hum came out of the frown that was on her lips. "It was a relapse," Y/n informed her, "It can always happen again." She tries to hold power over her mother; because she can always relapse whenever she wants to. She remembered that she heard the sounds of her mom crying for her and it made her feel good. 

Lucy didn't say anything just looking at her daughter with soft eyes. "You're right, I'm sorry- Y/n" She spoke almost on eggshells with Y/n smiling to herself a little bit and making her way to the front door. "Dinner will be on the stove." 

"Claire will be over." She said opening the door, her mom didn't say anything just silently looking at the television trying to hide how she was truly feeling about having another person who had been doing rehab inside of the house not caring why Claire was there but just caring that she was in rehab. 

Once she had walked out of the house she felt like she wanted to go back into it with the sun beaming down on her and crossing her arms because she felt almost naked at this point because of the clothes that she was wearing wishing that it was winter once more. 

But she didn't need to make it far with the house being right next door. Walking up the steps felt like something new to her; before going to knock on the door without remembering that she was able to walk in. But once she remembered that Y/n grabbed the doorknob and walked into the house. 

The fans that were in the house were all on to the max. Gallagher's were already everywhere inside of the house causing Y/n to smile missing all of it. "First daycare kid is here." The sounds of Debbie's voice had cheerfully echoed inside of her ears missing the sound. 

Rehab didn't allow any outside people counting they didn't know what they were going to try to sneak into the facility. "It's not going to happen, Debs, go, go." Fiona quickly ushered her into the living room. 

"Oh my god!" Debbie's shout had alarmed Fiona causing the woman to put the cup down that was inside of her hand. Ian and Fiona had looked at each other for a second before rushing into the living room thinking something was wrong. 

"Deb is everything okay?" Fiona asked, before laying her eyes on Y/n standing in the living room holding onto her arms sweetly and awkwardly not knowing what to do counting the last time they all ended off she had left them once Monica returned. "Jesus, Christ" Fiona celebrated raising her voice and rushing over to Y/n.