Chapter Thirteen

Two nights have passed ever since I made that deal with my friends, I was quite surprised to see they still wanted to be my friends even though they still made me take a few nights off just for me to recover, or for safety to them.

I feel like I fell down twenty flights of escalator stairs and left to rot in my bed ever since I was getting hit painfully by Romeo's fly bots but I feel like I have been recovering quickly. Most of my bruises have healed nicely as but I still have a severe headache from a concussion I got from those fly bots.

It was still late a night when I woke up and I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't with all the pain attacking me and the thoughts of Romeo's fly bots giving me a nightly beating. I also couldn't stop thinking about the days I was forced to take off because of my behavior. I felt like I had to get out of my house and actually do something at night since I refused to believe they would actually sit me out of the next coming missions.

I'd get out of my bed to look outside my window and to my surprise, I could see the Gekko Mobile very far in the distance looking like it was chasing Luna Girl as I could hear her laughs slightly. I wanted to join him and do to Luna Girl what I never got to do when I met her about a week ago.

I sighed and went back to bed to try and fall asleep ignoring all the bad memories I have had over the few days ever since my friends found out about my behavior.

I finally woke up getting absolutely no sleep last night and I realized my suspension must have been over but I still chose not to go to school thanks to Romeo's fly bots and my PJ friends. I woke up and started my everyday morning routine and went downstairs and I saw Greg and Amaya walking to school. I saw them looking at my house and they sighed thinking about what happened before and walked to school.

I didn't even feel any guilt when seeing that and I just walked upstairs. I still wanted to go to school but didn't care enough since I already had enough to deal with at night let alone I still didn't want to face Cameron with bandages in his face.

I had a rush of thoughts through my head wondering if I should go into the night as Catboy behind my team's back and patrol over the city because I personally think my way is the most effective by getting it more personal and intensive.

My injuries were definitely going to stop me from going into the night but I still really thought that my ways were more effective, even if it causes a slight change in what we do, or what I do. I decided to wait the next few nights and wait until my injuries are getting better.

Hours have gone by and night had finally struck, I saw a flash of a bunch or colors gliding into the sky and I suspected something in the night. I wanted to join them but I knew what they were all going to say to me and telling me to go back home and take the few nights off.

I waited contemplating if I wanted to go out in the night, but if I did I would have had to deal with my friends and I still had to deal with my injuries, even thought a lot of them were healing fine.

After hours upon hours of waiting, I've decided to just transform into Catboy and jumped out into the city and started to patrol around. I could feel my injuries affect my arms and legs while running but it was a lot more bearable this time than last time.

I could hear the Owl Glider and Gekko Mobile whizz around me and as soon as I heard that I immediately took cover to hide against them inside a bush. I could hear the Gekko Mobile and Owl Glider fly above me as I cover my mouth so I wouldn't risk them even hearing me breath. I even heard them talk about me a little about how worried they're about my behavior.

I assumed they still have trouble fighting off nighttime villains from the whole PJ deathmatch we all had a few days ago in Power Q. But they all had it easier since they weren't the ones getting hit over and over again by fly bots.

I kept running across the city listening with my cat ears to any suspicious activity anywhere. Eventually I could hear some Ninjalino laughter coming from the library, wasting no time I immediately started to run to the library as quiet as I can jumping from building to building painfully.

When I finally made it to the library I made my way inside to find out there was just one Ninjalino laughing and when he saw me he started to taunt me by laughing and making stupid faces at me. I was starting to lose my temper and I just slowly walked at that Ninjalino. I could see in his eyes he was starting to get worried and he even started to slowly back up. I started to walk a little more faster until the little Ninjalino pulled out a sticky splat and held it in the air trying to threaten me. I stood still and try to run for the Ninjalino until I realized other Ninjalinos were jumping down from the second floor and surrounding me with sticky splats all over in there hands.

"So where's Night Ninja?" I asked them.

They mouthed off in some sort of gibberish and I used my cat ears to listen for Night Ninja and all I heard was Ninjalinos mouthing off rubbish. I listened for a little longer to realize they must have came alone without Night Ninja or Night Ninja sent them to deal with me for revenge when I hurt the other Ninjalinos earlier.

I felt a sticky splat hit me on my back. I pulled it off and turned back to the Ninjalino who threw it and they looked like they were ready to run so I tried to pounce on it but they started to run away. The other Ninjalinos laughed when they saw me fall to the ground and that's when I lost it and I let my claws out to try and hurt the other Ninjalinos.

I could see their face expression turned from laughter into frightened and I started to pounce on them with Cat Speed, some were still laughing while some were absolutely terrified. I pounced on each one of them and all of the each got hurt pretty badly, that's when some of the started to retreat.

Some others were still brave enough to fend against me so I kept trying to pounce on them but they were dodging me while laughing and throwing sticky splats. I was really starting to lose my temper, so I grabbed one by the neck and started to choking it. The Ninjalino who was in my grasp was struggling to breathe and the others tried to save them but I scratched them deep, forcing them to retreat.

The only Ninjalino left was the one I was choking and I decided to let him go and for him to retreat to with the other Ninjalinos but instead he was being cocky and they still kept laughing and throwing sticky splats at me. They kept doing that until I lost it and I pounced on him and started to choke him and claw him up badly. I kept losing it at them and I let go eventually.

That's when I found it the little Ninjalino was dead. I looked to see the blood on my hands and I felt a rush of emotions coursing through me.