1

Prologue

Lie... Everything was a lie. My life with the man who meant the world to me was over, over because everything I had thought was real had only existed in my head. All the sweet words, his concern for me, his promises... Meaningless, none of it was true. He had faked it all for me, had taken me high into the sky on cloud nine only to push me back down. The fall was so deep and painful, I didn't know if I would ever be able to breathe without pain again, if I would ever be able to trust again... if I would ever be able to love again. He had destroyed me to a point where I could never be put back together again... the cracks remained. I sat in my car crying, hitting the steering wheel with my hand over and over again, trying to turn off the pain in my heart, but I accidentally hit the horn. He let go of the other woman, noticed my car and looked straight at me. The corners of his mouth lifted and he grinned shamelessly at me before kissing her again, showing me that everything I had overheard earlier was true, that I was nothing to him except another victim on his list. I didn't envy the woman in his arms... what I had experienced was yet to come... She was safe, but in grave danger. Pity for her? No, she had known he was engaged, it hadn't bothered her... why should her future suffering bother me now? For a brief moment, my foot twitched on the gas pedal as if I wanted to put an end to it all, drive them both over and then crash into some wall, but the brief moment of revenge wouldn't be worth giving up my life, so I drove away, on and on, leaving everything behind, leaving my home without a word to friends and family, heading for Seoul. I couldn't look anyone in the eye after I had fought so hard against my family for this relationship, after I had hurt my friends by accusing them of lying when they told me he was just playing with me... The ones who loved me, I couldn't see anymore... the one I loved, I never wanted to see again. I had nothing with me except my ID and my bank cards. I simply threw my cell phone out of the car window on the way, but I had written to my parents beforehand that I was starting a new life somewhere else and that I wouldn't be coming back, that they shouldn't worry and that I was sorry. They were angry with me anyway, no idea if it would bother them at all, their goal of me being away from this man had finally been achieved. That day I swore to myself that never again would anyone be able to hurt my feelings so badly, never again would I allow anyone to treat me like that.

1

I woke up with a groan, blinking, but it remained black around me. My head ached and my throat was dry as dust, I was almost dizzy with thirst. I wanted to rub my temples, but my hands wouldn't move. There was chaos in my head, accompanied by a sticky fog that prevented me from thinking clearly. It took me a while to realize that I was tied up and blindfolded. How had I ended up in this situation? I remembered coming home, getting changed and then I had a piece of cloth on my mouth before everything went black... was I kidnapped? But by whom, no one knew who I was, who my parents were and that it was worth demanding a ransom of millions. I was cut off from my rich family, living a normal middle class life and earning every penny myself. Not even my friends here knew who my family was, since I had come to Seoul 5 years ago, all ties had been cut. What the hell was going on here? Had I fallen into the clutches of a psychopath? The creaking sound of a door startled me, footsteps approached and my blindfold was removed. The new brightness made my eyes water, but when my vision finally cleared, I opened my mouth in shock.

"Hello, baby... long time no see... apparently you didn't expect to see me... but... you have a little explaining to do." I was greeted by my ex-boyfriend.

"Hoseok? What... why am I here? What's all this about?"

----------------------------------

Welcome to my new OT7 story, I hope you have as much fun here as I did :)