Breathless

*Calums POV

I read her last text over with a grin playing around my lips. Even her texts make me smile uncontrollably. I asked her to hang out so we could get to know each other better since obviously I couldn't forget about her.

I strolled around the corner of her street, laughing as I saw the exact person I came to meet. Her hair bounces behind her as she walked towards me. Damn....

"Hey, stranger!" I laughed.

"Hey." she giggled.

"So, I planned on just hanging out and do nothing today. Anything you wanna do?"

"Uhh...not really. I don't leave much." she looked at the ground, as if it held her answer there.

"Well then...off to anywhere it is!" I laughed, grabbing her hand and taking off running, having no idea where I was heading.

"Where heading towards the ditch bank!!" she said breathlessly. "What are we gonna do there? Its nothing but dirt!"

As we slowed our pace down, I could see that she was right. I looked at her, gasping for air. She smiled at me the same time I smiled at her, because we realized we were both out of breathe. "Damn, I didn't know I was that breathtaking" I joked. She pushed my arm, scoffing at my remark.

"You're such a dork."

"The hottest." I laughed, twitching my eyebrows to make them rise over and over again. I then took Kimmy's hand and started walking down the ditch bank, wondering what to do. As soon as I took her hand, though, I saw her cheeks turn pink. I loved seeing her blush.

*~*

"I can't believe you beat me at COD...." I said, baffled. I was the best player out of the guys and she beat me. Unbelievable.

"I thought you'd be better with your fingers, Hood. You do play bass. It should be a gift." Kimmy teased.

"You haven't seen what my fingers can do yet."

"Omg your so dirty!" she laughed.

"My finger would be to-"

"Oh shuddup! That's nasty!" she exclaimed, even though she was still laughing. Her smile....

"Aha you know its tru-....hey...what's under your eye?" I noticed that under a thin layer of makeup was a darkness under her eye. Did someone give her a black eye? If someone hurt her I swear....

"Oh its nothing....I get dark circles under my eyes sometimes..." she said while looking towards the ground. I could tell something was wrong.

"Kimmy, if someone's hurting you, you know you can trust me. I can help stop whoever it-"

"No nothing's wrong," she said, a bit of annoyance in her voice.

"Ok. I just don't want anything bad happening to you.." And its true I don't. I've grown really protective of her in such a short time. I have never been this way before, and its definitely something I need to get used to....

Authors Note

Ok so I know I've been updating a lot but when I have ideas in my head I need to write it before I forget lol. Calum has gotten attached omaiigawd! I also can't believe this story has gotten more then the expected one read I thought. So thank you so much. Hope you like it! Anything you want to tell me, feel free.

Sorry for the short chapters but idk how else to do them. I'll try to make them longer.

Love you guys