Chapter 23

Jason Pov

I pull up seeing a white car park up in Zaids yard. That must be the man he is working with. There is a car horn behind me so I scoot down in my car watching a black crown drive inside.

Fuck Cain wah you a do yute?

The man naive and love trust too much, look how him gone in a enemy zone. To how him dark him probably run Aisia because me go fi look fi her and find out seh them kill the girl. Him probably not even know seh Zaid a traitor.

I watch as he gets out of the car and walks inside the house. I pull my phone from my pocket dialling one of my contacts, he answers on the first ring.

"I need your help, Cain is about to get himself killed, can you please come to the address I'm sending you?"

"Why me must save him life just to kill him after? But I owe you one so okay." He says disconnecting the call.

Trooper might think I'm going to give up Cain to him but him make a sad mistake. Cain is nothing like his father, yes he does underground work like shipping drugs and guns but he is not cut out to be a Don or for the gangster life.

Besides we have a bond we need to protect after all we are blood brothers.

Cain Pov

"Watch d general man. A weh you a forward from nuh yesterday you did fi forward a foot?" Zaid says laughing and bumping my fist just as I walk in.

"A same way suh Judas did gwaan inuh. Him did kiss Jesus cheek then sell him out." I reply to him sitting on a chair in the middle of the house.

"Judas did have him reasons man. Money e dawg did a look u zeet."

"Suh a money a your reason fi sell me out? Me deal with you like we a family yute and....."

Before I can continue he stops me mid sentence and pulls out a family album showing me all my baby pictures and memories.

"You get everything you could ever need but uncle never a meds me."

He replies taking up a cup with what looks like Hennessy inside but I'm not so certain.

"Doh move else me blow out your head back pussy."

We both turn our heads and I'm looking straight into Jason's eyes. The man I shot and thought was dead for months is standing Infront of me holding a gun on Zaid.

Then a so much man want Zaid.

There is complete silence until another man walks in and takes a seat smiling at me then at Zaid.

"Pussy look how me find you? Zaid easy back man a Jason me go make kill him."The man says looking over at Jason who now has a confused expression on his face.

"Hear wah me a seh, me girl pregnant and she is home and I need to hurry back so somebody try kill me and let's move along." I reply standing when I hear the first two shots go off.

"Pussy a warning shot dem deh, the next one a to your head. You feel you and your father can style me? A me name Trooper." The man says aiming his gun at me.

Zaid, Trooper, Jason and myself. We are all standing looking at each other not saying anything.

I'm just waiting for this to play out so I can go home to Aisia.

"So Trooper your grand plan to kill me was like this? U nuh think me know you already?" I laugh seeing the puzzled look on his face.

"U cyah know me likkle bwoy." He says chuckling a bit at his own words.

I watch as the sniper team aim their guns at Zaid and Trooper before I signal them to look up. They both lower their guns.

I walk up to Zaid standing Infront of him and pulling my knife from my waist. He looks up at me with darkness in his eyes.

"You a nuh Bobby son Cain. Your mother a wicked ......"

Before he can finish his sentence I grab his head and shove my knife under his chin and wring it.

"A dem weak style deh you have that's why your father say you a punk." Trooper says laughing.

I turn around looking at Jason and he nods to me and that is all the confirmation I need.

I look up then nod my head to the snipers in the ceiling and turn walking out just as gunshots ring throughout the building.

I'm sitting in my car waiting on Bugu and Flippa with the security guards to finish up so we can leave. I need to apologise to Jason as well for shooting him.

I watch as they all walk out and Jason stops at my door. I exit the car looking at him and before you know it we are both engulfed in a hug.

"Sorry inuh me G fi shoot u up."

"That soft Cain, you never know better." He replies laughing.

"Make we roll before police forward we have a few things to discuss." I say to him while pulling apart and getting in my car. I watch as he pulls off and so do I while Bugu and the security team follow behind.

I pull up to my parents house seeing my mom's car is not in the driveway so that means Bobby is home alone. I wanted them both here at once but I guess I can fill mom in later.

I walk to the front door pulling my hood over my head properly before entering the password and pushing the door open.

"Fuck you a push me door suh like you live yah?" Bobby says smoking.

"Mhm"

"A really gramoxone you carry fi light me Cain?" He ask looking at my hand.

"Me did tell you say me go light you? You go drink every bloodclaat drop wah ina this. Nth nah waste nth nah dash weh." I reply opening the bottle and handing it to him.

"You brave up man and handle business. You always was afraid of being a Don but Cain you worse than me cause me never kill my father. You a me legacy and me still a live on with you" He says laughing before putting the jug at his head and gulping hard.

I lower my head to his ear whispering.

"But me nuh kill me father Either. Pussy you a nuh me father. U a try play hero and end up playing zero." I laugh watching his eyes go wide and the jug falling from his hand.