Steampunk AU

Universe 0059

This is set in a version of Mobius similar to the Industrial Era of western civilization like in Victorian Age of England, complete with steampunk machines, chemistry development and the policing of cities in its early stages.

Main hub of this universe is a steampunk version of Station Square, a city booming thanks to it being the main railroad stop of the world and due to its mechanized factories as well.

Sonic doesn't have the same super speed superpower that his other counterparts have, only capable of running 200 mph at maximum without technology assistance.

The blue hedgehog wears special shoes that combine a usage of small engines and wheels to go faster, though he can reach the speed of sound if he went down from a high altitude like a mountain or a cliff. He also uses gloves capable of generating electricity.

Sonic uses his talents to fight off Dr Robotnik and his robots, managing to save Station Square time and time again.

A young engineer named Miles "Tails" Prower makes the tech that helps Sonic on his adventures, currently the pilot of the biplane called the Tornado.

Knuckles is a talented fighter from his echidna tribe out in the wild, having moved to the city to gain money or rewards needed to supply his people back home, sometimes finding himself in a rivalry with a country fighter named Ben Gruff.

Amy Rose is the daughter of a successful mayor and small business owner in a town far away, so she's wealthy enough that she's traveled to Station Square to pursue many successful ventures while also partying with aristocrats on some occasions. (She owns a good restaurant and is co-owner with Honey of a fashion boutique.)

Though Amy also creates a fake identity for herself that wields a large hammer to help Sonic out some, known across the city and neighboring regions as the "Rose Rogue".

Rouge also falls under the umbrella of female characters as aristocratic women, practically owning a nightclub and bar that she sometimes preforms at, but she uses her fake identity as the "Diamond Dame" to either steal valuable jewels or do paid espionage for people.

With this being based off jolly old Britain back in the 19th century, there's still a monarchy, albeit has less power than medieval ones and more powerful than the symbolic ones in modern times: The Acorn Royal Family

Unlike the Satam/Archie counterpart, this version of the Acorn family has limited power due to an elected council meeting to vote on policies and legislation, only having control over military and departments.

Though with this period it's based on comes the usual crime, monsters and mad science that one she be wary of when exploring this world.

The mysterious Jack the Ripper sneaks about the streets, looking for the next victim to claim from the shadows.

There's also a mysterious and rather savage person causing mayhem in the streets going by the name Hyde, though no one has lived to encounter them to know if it's a man...or maybe even a woman.

Count Shadow, a vampire hedgehog and Sonic's occasional rival/nemesis, also leaves people fearing who will become his next meal....or be turned into one of his vampire brides.

Dr Ivo Robotnik is a mad scientist of the robotics variety that tries to take over the world, commanding steampunk versions of Egg Pawns and Badniks, even surprisingly managing to creating his world's version of the Buzz Bomber when people said flying automatons were impossible.

Though if a mystery is more of your problem than horror or sci-fi, you could also search out Snifflock Holmes as a detective for whatever theft or murder you need solved.

Perhaps your mystery you need solved could be connected to his nemesis, Professor Ratigan.

(I know he's really the enemy of Basil in the Great Mouse Detective, but he's too good of a character not to include, especially when you remember Vincent Price voiced him and was his favorite character.)

One thing is assured in this universe: If you want to survive, watch wherever you go and look in any shadow for any danger, while treading carefully in the fog or in the night.

—————————————————————

Traveler Scenario

Your portal lands you a in field a few miles away from the nearest city, quickly closing behind you and leaving you stranded in this universe.

You then spot the steampunk version of Station Square in the distance, a wonder of steam and gears with trains arriving into it.

Shall you venture into this place?

————————————————————

Home Scenarios

1) Robotnik launches another invasion of the city, but Sonic and Tails now have assistance from you.

2) You've been hearing about the numerous victims claimed by Jack the Ripper and have decided to go on a hunt for the criminal to bring him to justice

3) [Your crush] has recently went to visit an estate that someone from another country has bought, but you haven't heard back from him/her in a while, so you go to find her.

4) [insert character or OC] has been silent lately ever since there have been reports of someone called Hyde terrorizing the streets at random. Should you ask them about it? Or go investigate Hyde yourself?

5) There's a case you need solved, but the police can't do much. You then hear from an article about the private detective Snifflock Holmes and head towards his home to see if you can get him to take your case.

—————————————————————

Hope you enjoy your time here sir/m'lady