Steven Universe AU

Universe 0056

(My disclaimer is at the bottom of the page.)

This is a universe where the Gem species from Steven Universe exists as part of Sonic's world.

In this combination of the franchise timelines, the Gems and the Ancients arrive at Mobius around the same time.

Since the Ancients weren't looking for a fight and were just trying to find a new home to live in peace at, while the Gems were just trying to colonize the planet, Pink Diamond easily agrees to share Mobius with the Ancients and forms a pact where one side comes to the other's aid if a third party attacks them.

Both species make the echidna tribes below as their first contact, with Pink finding interest in the Master Emerald that they worship and protect, being given the ME by the echidnas and having it reborn as a brand new member of the Gem species so it could be a mediator between Gems and Mobians.

The Ancients also give Pink the Chaos Emeralds to be reborn as Gems as well, probably the first Gems to be formed from something another civilization made, becoming the bridge between the Ancients and the Gems.

The ME later gives birth to Chaos, making her the first Gem to not only reproduce, but also produce organic life. (Pink made anyone in her inner circle swear not to let anyone from Homeworld, including the other Diamonds, know about Chaos being a product of ME)

When the Ancients found out that all organic life on Mobius will be wiped out if the Gems continue to harvest the planet's energy, they threatened to go to war against the Gems and destroy them all, but Pink managed ease tensions down to avoid Homeworld reacting to this by promising to appeal to the Diamonds to spare Mobius and other worlds.

After her efforts went nowhere, Pink disguised herself as Rose Quartz and teamed up with her Crystal Gems, the Ancients and a small coalition of humans and Mobians to fight for Mobius' future against the Homeworld.

Similar with the Crystal Gems, the Ancients suffered tons of casualties, resulting in survivors going into hiding.

When the Diamonds fired their beam of light at Mobius to wipe out the rebellion of Gems, ME was protected by a shield barrier on an alter, while the CE hid away into parallel realms nicknamed Zones.

Rose Quartz and the Crystal Gems went on after the war was supposedly over and tried to capture corrupted Gems, though ME had gone mostly dormant after the war, living on the altar under the protection of her son Chaos.

When the Knuckles Clan/Tribe attacked the altar and Chaos wiped out most of them in anger and being overprotective of his mother and the Chao, Tikal and ME stopped him from rampaging further by sealing him and Tikal inside ME.

Fast forward to Project Shadow on the Ark, where Gerald discovers two corrupted Gems and tries to see if their energy can cure diseases. (Like the illness Maria has called NIDs)

The experiments on the first Gem resulted in Bio Lizard being created, deemed a failure and left abandoned in the Ark

Black Doom eventually arrived and offered his DNA in exchange for a deal on Gerald's end like in canon, though this time Gerald has the Gem too.

Gerald combined the DNA of Black Doom with that of Mobian DNA and inserted the Gem inside the subject, the project named Shadow the Hedgehog becoming a success.

(The Gem isn't technically dead, just now physically part of Shadow, giving him extra powers....but with the consequence of 50/50 chance he now has a voice inside his head.)

Like in canon, the raid on the Ark happens and Shadow is put in stasis.

As usual, things like Robotnik/Eggman trying to imprison animals and take over the world will eventually happen, but with Sonic there to stop him.