Chapter 81 -『The Woes Of A Well-Nigh God』

Comenzar desde el principio

Lan Xichen had noticed this, making him smile to himself.

There's no Lan Elder around him, so he can be silly for all he wants.

"Thank you for all the people who had come to celebrate with us on this very important day."

The both of them looked down to see Jin Zixuan saying his speech, Jin Ling just then raises his arm as if he was agreeing with his father.

"Jiu!"

There were series of snorts and laughter that could be heard, seeing as the Sect Leader of Lanling Jin is currently trying his best to hold back his tears from the clear favoritism from his son towards his uncle.

"And my son still won't call me A-die then." He jokingly narrates, earning another wave of laughter from the crowd.

"Jiu!"

Cale and Lan Lan Xichen laughed along too.

"Anyways, I am making this speech to call someone and ask for a favor to bless our dear son on his important day."

Lan Xichen then leans in near at Cale's ear, "Get ready, baobei. He's talking about you."

Cale didn't have the time to contemplate when Lan Xichen's words indeed became true.

"May we call on the proclaimed Genius of Yunmeng Jiang, the Commander who led us on war, Jiangshuai-zun?"

If earlier, the pavilion was full of laughter, the air became heavy as soon as Cale's titles were said by Jin Zixuan.

"Jiangshuai-zun? Isn't he supposed to be dead?"

"Right? I saw it with my own two eyes how he died."

"It would be impossible for him to survive with how much blood he lost."

"Then again, Yunmeng Jiang never held a funeral for him."

"So he was really alive?!"

Cale was just frozen in his seat, his mind racing.

"Oi my dear martial brother-in-law! Come down and stop hiding already!" Jin Zixuan yells, the screams of Lanling Elders fell deaf on his ears as Jiang Yanli simply shook her head at her husband's antics.

"Shall we go?" Lan Xichen asks, his hand outstretched for Cale to take.

When Cale had looked at him, a part of him was reminded how Alver would do the same.

That was wrong of him, but he couldn't help it.

Cale muttered a small sorry before saying, "Let us."

The whispers once again could be heard the moment Cale shows himself, with Lan Xichen holding his hand beside him nonetheless!

"He really is alive!"

"Then...!"

Until someone brave or stupid enough to continue the other's words.

"Wei Wuxian killed the former Sect Leader for no reason at all."

What?

What bullshit is he hearing right now?

Before Cale could confront the person who said those words, someone stopped him then.

"Do not cause a scene, Jiangshuai-zun. We are in such a joyous occasion, after all."

It was Jin Guangyao.

"Yet if you may continue in curiosity, then I shall volunteer to tell you everything that happened while you were 'dead'."

Cale feels odd when the man was talking to him, he couldn't point a finger to what was it.

"Go along now. Our nephew is waiting for you."

Such oddity sends several alarms blaring in Cale's head.

Before Cale could speak, Lan Xichen had steered him away from the man.

When the both of them had arrived in front of the child, Cale was quite uncertain on how to act.

The last time he touched his Shijie's son, the kid bawled his eyes out.

As Cale was lamenting on how he should approach Jin Ling, the child stretched out his arm towards the redhead as if he was asking to be carried.

Cale hesitantly complies then.

Just then, a Jin disciple comes forward, whispering something to Jin Zixuan before he nodded.

"Zewu-jun, may I ask for a favor?"

Lan Xichen smiles politely, "What is it?"

"Well, I want to ask you to accompany my brother outside to fetch some important guests."

The words important guests were heard by both Cale and Jiang Cheng, making the younger raise his eyebrow before scoffing.

"Who are the guests?" Cale asks, shifting his arm for Jin Ling to rest more comfortably against him.

Jin Zixuan just smiled like an idiot at his question.

"Then, we will be back, Sect Leader Jin."

Before Cale could ask once again, Jin Zixuan had cut him off.

"Now then, may I ask for the blessing now?" Jin Zixuan says after sending the two off, much to the redhead's distaste.

Cale frowned at him before looking at Jin Ling who was eating his red hair, making him sigh to himself.

"May your life be filled with only happy things."

"Mmmhh?" Jin Ling looks in confusion when he heard the man carrying him, talk.

"May you grow healthy and strong, so no foes will defeat you or sickness will be inflicted upon you."

Jin Ling giggles excitedly then, as if he understood what the redhead meant.

"And lastly, if the whole world seems unfair for you, I will be here right beside you together with your parents, grandparents, and uncles."

There was a distant wail from afar, and Cale doesn't bother to look as it was the familiar cry of an old man named Jiang Fengmian.

His wife just smacked him on the head then before discreetly wiping her own tears.

"Mmmh! Shu!"

Everyone in the banquet stilled at Jin Ling's sudden outburst.

"Shi...shu!"

"What...?" Cale's question trailed when Jin Ling lunged at him and hugged his neck tightly.

Cale ignored the searing pain caused by the shackles in his neck.

"Shishu!"

Alas! He knows another word beside jiujiu now!

"Hey that's unfair! Jiujiu this, shishu that! Why won't you call me A-die!"

When Jin Ling looks, he giggles before screaming, "A-die!"

Jin Zixuan just froze then.

"A-Ling...my dear son...please repeat that again..."

In fact, Jin Ling didn't repeat himself then out of pettiness.

"A-niang!"

Jiang Yanli coos then.

Jin Zixuan kneels, even the word 'shame' would leave itself when it sees the Sect Leader wailing on the floor like he was some sort of overgrown child.

"A-die...! Idiot!"

Laughter filled the banquet then.

Ermm...I feel bad on what I'm about to write in the next chapters.

Just a reminder, we are now in the Siege Arc.

Damn, how fast time flies. It feels like it was only yesterday that I was writing Yunmeng burning arc, hahaha.