Chapter Thirty Nine

Taehyung woke up from his nap.

He had been having a hard time at the company, stressed about the new year and probably not meeting the last quarter numbers.

He had three days.

Yet the company was able to succeed overcoming those quotas, thanks to him.

He had been called for an unexpected meeting with a client. As the Chief Financial Officer, Taehyung is usually responsible for finding investors and funding opportunities for Seokjin's family company. He does a wonderful job as his personality helps investors feel comfortable about their monetary decisions. However this client had given him shit.

The client was simply, an arrogant women who couldn't understand the definition of no.

Jimin already had done a great job with their last marketing campaign, finding an investor wasn't a problem, but this fucker dragged out the process.

Taehyung never liked the way she would act towards him, especially when they would be left alone in the meeting rooms. He almost told the women to fuck off, if it wasn't such a great funding opportunity.

Today he had to put his best fake professional face on and contained himself from lashing out at the improper woman. But finally, a deal was made.

Seokjin as beyond pleased with the result, although he didn't like how agitated Taehyung was. Good thing Seokjin made everyone take a few days off for the New Years.

Seokjin sent him home early with Jimin. He promised he and Jungkook would get home after they finished a few more things in the company.

Taehyung had crashed as soon as he reached home. Now he was awake, the day turned into night, which meant he had slept too much.

He stretched and groan, his joints popping as he got out of bed. He made his way out, stiff with sleepiness clinging to his body. He dragged his feet on the floor, shivering from the coldness of the house.

"Tae? Awww baby, what happened? We thought you were going to sleep all the way through." Jimin thought he heard a door opening. He came up to Taehyung and hugged the younger. His heart melted at how Taehyung crunched down to fit into the crook of his neck. He settled himself on Jimin's chest, wrapping his arms around Jimin's waist and bringing his body flushed to his.

A deep sigh escaped his lips as Jimin ran his fingers through his hair.

"Hungry."

Jimin laughed at how cute Taehyung could be. He held onto him for a little bit before pulling him towards the kitchen. He sat Taehyung down in the dining room table beside the kitchen and got to work on making some ramyeon.

Once in a while he would glance at Taehyung, making sure he didn't fall back asleep.

"What time is it?"

"I think around one."

Taehyung curse under his breath.

"How come no one was in the bed with me?"

"Aww baby, we didn't want to wake you. That's all. We wanted you to rest." Taehyung clicked his tongue and yawned.

"Im making the maknaes famous recipe so don't fall asleep on the table." Taehyung nodded his head and watched Jimin move around the kitchen.

The house was silent. Everyone probably asleep, cuddle with each other, while he had been left alone in the room.

"Why are you pouting?"

"Just thinking of everyone cuddle together while I was alone..... by myself... the dark... alone...." Jimin rolled his eyes at how dramatic he was being, yet didn't say anything as he hurry up to finish his ramyeon.