Chapter Eighty Two

Aila was nervous.

They were coming over her house.

She didn't know why she was nervous, because they were friends now, really really close friends.

Her mind had began to think about all the times Nyala had leaned in a little to close to her face.

Or how Maria always seemed to touch her somehow.

Or how Antônia always sent her messages to take her care of herself and to eat proper meals.

Or how Vannozzo always seems to show up with some type of gift for her; whether it's blank canvases or paint or hair clips, just little things that made her feel loved and cared for.

And Erick never stopped loving her, not in the sweet way he would text her or give her random kisses and sweet touches.

All five of them seemed to gravitate around her somehow and she felt stupid for not ever noticing how fast they had accepted her into their group.

She looked around making sure the balloons were ready.

It was Wednesday but more importantly June 2nd, Erick's birthday.

And the group of soulmates decided to have dinner at Aila's place. She cooked a traditional Honduran dish, Erick's favorite and had baked a cake back at her cafe.

Her doorbell rang before the door opened. They always rang the door to let her know they were coming in.

They piled in, all five coming in sporting smiles.

"Oh my God what's that smell!!" Erick almost screamed as the aromas hit his nose. He shoved his soulmates out the way and barged into the kitchen, where he pushed Aila to get to the stove.

"You fucking did not! You made baliadas!"

"I even bought avocados and I made some carne asada to add as well."

"Damn is this what love feels like?" He looked like a kid. Aila giggled loving his reaction.

"You made the tortillas from scratch?"

"I FaceTimed your sister to remind me again cus I hadn't made them from scratch in a while. They turned out ok but the rest is de—"

Erick didn't even let her finish when he wrapped his arms around her and spun her around. The other stood to the side watching the display, feeling their bond feel so full, it almost felt unreal.

*******

They had eaten, cut the cake and drank. Erick wasn't a big drinker but it would seem his soulmates had encouraged him to try mixed drinks and wine, some wine.

Now they just laid around the living room, a lamp giving just enough light to put them in a soft mood.

Erick cuddled Aila who cuddled Nyala. Antônia cuddled Vannozzo who cuddled Maria. All six sat in perfect silence, just enjoying being together.

But Aila needed to ask. Her nerves began to appear as she took a deep breath, Nyala's sweet aroma invaded her nose.

"So.... I have discovered something. The guys told me they bonded to me."

Erick tightened his hold on her.

"I need to ask you guys something."

At her words, they began to untangle from in each other and sat straight on the couch.

"At the party, I found out Jungkook had been telling everyone I wasn't just his girlfriend but his soulmate and this made me feel like he was playing because I can't have a bond. I was really hurt and I didn't stop to control my anger and bashed out on him. That's when he told he me he has bonded to me, just as the others. I didn't believe him because it sounds so absurd and irrational but Seokjin made me go to their home where they finally told me the truth. Jungkook apologized for not telling me about telling other people but in his mind, he was telling the truth so he didn't think it was going to turn out this way. I apologize because I didn't stop to think he wouldn't do such a thing deliberately when all seven of them have showed me nothing but kindness."