Chapter Fifty-One - Distraction!

Beau ends up dodging the question and me for almost a week. And then two. And then three.

My beast on edge as it's been near months since Beau had marked us, and our rut wasn't going away. I had to distract myself, slaving myself to the lessons, sharpening the wolves here like knives.

And they impressed me, keeping up with the lessons and the schedule and still maintaining their daily duties. There was a new and tender bond between the lycans and wolves. It was nursing itself as they got to know each other in between lessons, while cursing me for the rigorous training.

Zack and Zion on top of teaching, were helping me with the old bastards that were still lingering about. Freud all the other ministers except for Peters were taking well to the Haven pack. Eventually they, along with my parents, left soon enough once the rain lightened up enough for train travel.

Vadim along with a few others of his clan were carving the tunnel and rest stops between here and the Dawn palace, with Cassie paving the way above ground.

Beau had resigned herself to her home. Working out of her living room as she had to, in her words "restructure the fuck out of everything."

For a few days schedules changed, shifts came to a halt, and everything was confusing. But soon enough Beau was able to get everything under control. Even putting up a massive bulletin board in the town square with all the information compiled neatly for the pack members.

I was slightly thrown off by how organized it was and how quickly the new schedule took. As a result everyone had ample time to rest after a work and training. Thus creating a more productive work flow and giving everyone an easier time doing it.

She even took Freud up on his offer and created sections and rankings within those sections. The rankings were left up to the teachers which were, Mila for the elves and fairies. Then, Zion and Val for the morning classes, and Zack and Iris for the afternoon classes.

I ran training for the lycans during the evening while patrolling, considering everyone would be resting it gave us enough space and free time. Beau had started work on the new land on the other side of the mountain.

Yes, she bought a mountain.

And even began plans on a trolly for pack members working on the project there. Expanding and creating new neighborhoods so people wouldn't be stuck in tents if they decided to stay.

As for the growing number of people coming in, Beau and I contacted several alphas in order to track down the family members of a few who were announced missing, sending them home and reuniting them with their loved ones. It earned the respect of many once word got around.

There were orphans, children who were captured that had no home to go back to. Thankfully Beau had reconstructed two massive homes in the square into orphanages that were managed by her family. Her parents Raul and Petra, becoming respected in the pack as the Alpha's parents but that wasn't bringing them any closer to Beau.

Yazmin had started a YouTube channel. Yes, a whole YouTube channel to combat Harald online. Showing off our pack even though Beau and I had expressly told her not to. But it had garnered too much traction and attention, and as we understood was the reason rumors were spreading so quickly in favor of us against Harald.

Beau and Yazmin had a long talk about cyber security and she let her keep the channel. But instead to make it about something else so it doesn't endanger anyone in the pack.

I thought it was reckless still, but Beau does favor her sister.

Luca had taken in training and begun learning smithing under Lewis. Constantly he's seen loading crates into the weapons barge for incoming trucks and whispering with Beau about acquiring more metal.