Chapter Fifty- Willing Participant

The morning after I have Cassie in my living room with everyone including Mila and Vadim. Both came over unannounced as early as Cassie did.

"MaryAnne is with Harald?"

"Yup." I say.

"And you want me to sneak in and break out the slaves without somehow getting caught by the lycans and wolves, that would be patrolling the whole place?" She questions as she motions with her hands. I stand in front of her as she sits on the edge of the coffee table looking up at me.

"Yup." I say with a nod.

"Sounds great! How do you get started?" She asks with a big smile.

"Wait just like that?" Zack asks half amused, half shocked.

"Yeah. I get to be the bitch sneaking people out like a rescue ninja." She says smiling even wider. "What's the plan?"

"Right now our plan is building a path from here to there."

"Secret tunnel!" Cassie exclaims.

"Seriously?" I ask with an amused expression, leaning back on my hip as I look at her. "I mean it makes sense but we don't have that kind of time."

"With magic we do." Mila says firmly.

Everyone in this room looking at her. She levels her eyes with mine as I cock an eyebrow at her. She has a point to prove. Obviously.

"The natural magic here is strong, using it would be easy to carve through the earth and make a safe way for the people to get through. We've done it before to get out. Vadim is good at navigation and his magic and combat skills are commendable, so if anything were to go badly he would be a lovely partner for Cassie." Mila says and Vadim clears his throat turning the attention to him.

"How is Lula?" I ask.

"She is resting." Vadim says.

"So you gonna throw her away like you do to all the others?" Zack asks pure rudeness ringing in his voice.

"Zack!"

"Be kind!" Iris exclaims

Vadim shoots Zack a scathing glare but turns his attention back to me. Taking a breath before continuing. The question wasn't lost on me though. What did they do to fairies that couldn't fly?

"She remembers the instructions given by MaryAnne on the route taken. I would advise we build a path directly underneath, approximately a mile away from the border, and keep it to a two person team. As Mila suggested I would be happy to assist Cassie in recovering my people." He says with a tight lipped smile.

"Intentional wording." I mutter pinching my nose bridge between my eyes.

"I do try." Vadim smiles.

"MaryAnne discovered that they just acquired a fuck ton of guns and ammunition. They can't rely on magic so they're relying on firepower. That is something we can easily manage if we get the prisoners out in time."

"What if we can't?" Cassie asks.

"We try." I say. "Besides I'm not going to let him get as far as running up on us in a battle field."

"What's your plan there?" Judas asks.

"The answer interrupted my shower." I say sarcastically.

"How does that look in your mind?" Judas asks skeptically.

"We have the advantage, the element of surprise. The classes are going smoother, there getting better especially in stealth." I say teetering on my feet a bit childishly while Cassie slaps my arm with a wide grin.