Chapter Thirty-Eight - Anger Issues Much?

"THAT FILTHY MUTT!" Judas roars as he throws the dining room table across the grand hall. His father in there right along side him, tearing down centuries old paintings of old kings in anguish. Naomi throwing bottles of alcohol across the room crying in rage. All of them letting out all the anger they could.

I stood at the doorway. Watching them all in their meltdown. I couldn't understand wanting to ruin your home to satisfy your anger. I always took to smoking some weed when I was this stressed.

Maybe I should bring them a jar next time.

I could feel Judas's anger. He was absolutely enraged. There was a feeling, something similar to embarrassment and shame. That livestream had so many views, and he kept thinking about all the people that saw it. And all the people that might believe him. He was ashamed of his reputation, the laid back cavalier Casanova brat prince.

"These stupid kings!" Maxim shouts as he claws down another painting. "He wouldn't have such pull, if these idiots didn't rule the way they did! If I didn't-" he chokes on his words, on the brink of tears.

Zion and Val join me at the open doors, arms linked together watching the scene unfold with me. Naomi grabbing a bottle, sobbing as she nearly breaks it open and takes an angry swig.

"Do they...do this often?" I ask.

"Oh, you wouldn't believe." Zion says. "This is actually when they hold their anger back. If they truly expressed it the entire palace would be leveled to the ground."

"It happened once, a couple of years ago just before the war. The King and Queen destroyed the west and south castle in anger after Barton's declaration of war." Val chimes in. "It took nearly three years to rebuild it."

"My train leaves in two hours, I'm going to go ahead and get a head start." I say.

"You're not going to stop this? You can calm him down, you can actually calm them all down." Zion looks at me like I've grown two heads.

"Naomi just threw three gallons of whiskey over her head into the far wall, you think I want to risk my neck going in there?" I say and shoot him the same look. "Yeah, you have fun with that."

I turn and walk off. I hear Zion following after me and before I could make it down the hall, he stops me. Grabbing my arm and spinning me back to him.

"Wait a minute, just-" he pauses looking behind him. Val approaches.

"It would just do some good to calm his nerves. If the soon to be king is out of sorts the whole kingdom feels it. We are all connected, if he's on edge, we're on edge." She says and I lean back on my hip squinting my eyes at her.

"You're an alpha, you must understand." Zion says.

"I have enough faith in my neighbors to manage their own emotions, I'm not a mom."

"But a queen is a mother." Val steps closer. "You are an alpha and are soon to be our queen, your connection to the people is amplified or will be, soon you will want someone in your corner to sooth you when you're on edge."

"Fine, I'll do it, not because I think you're right, which you're not, but because I'd imagine waiting three more year to rebuild a part of your house is annoying. I'm sure you'd all like to avoid that." I say and turn back in the direction of the grand hall.

"Are you always this...blunt?" Val asks.

"What's the point in sparing your feelings in telling the truth? It feels disrespectful." I shrug and make my way into the ever destroyed grand hall.

Judas holding the throne over his head ready to smash it on the ground, Maxim holding onto the frame of another portrait and Naomi holding another bottle of wine over her head the three of them ready to cause more destruction.