CHAPTER 26

'MAYBE I JUST WANNA BE YOURS'

"What happened to calling me Jazz?" Jasmine crossed her arms, advancing towards him with a shaky chuckle

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"What happened to calling me Jazz?" Jasmine crossed her arms, advancing towards him with a shaky chuckle.

She had worked off the previous chill she had felt, embracing the heat forced upon her due to her sudden work out in the forest all the way to the Astronomy tower. Trying her hardest to keep her breath still, she smiled awkwardly at Regulus' lost expression.

He ignored her joke, "Are you...okay?"

"Ah this?" She waved a hand dismissively, "It's nothing. Sorta. Full moon and that."

"What?" Regulus practically whispered, closing the distance between the two, examining her, "Did Lupin hurt you or something?"

"No," She sighed, avoiding his fixated eyes, "And even if he did it would've been my fault."

Regulus began to pace slightly, shocking Jasmine as he usually didn't seem panicked, "All I've done is ask you questions, Jasmine please just answer them clearly."

She nodded, delicately walking towards the edge of the tower, gazing at the moon in the sky that was causing her best friend such torment, "Yes I'm okay. No Remus didn't hurt me. I wasn't being dramatic when I said it was my fault, you know."

He followed her movements, standing beside her, staring at the side of her face, "Elaborate."

She could feel his eyes on her, and yet she couldn't muster up the courage to meet his tense eyes, "I knew today was a full moon I just didn't know...my brothers—the marauders, sorry, they're animagi."

Regulus blinked and let the statement resolve itself in an uncomfortable silence, "Why are you telling me this? I could do anything with that information."

"You could but you won't." She answered without hesitation.

"But how do you know that." He interrogated, almost angrily.

"I trust you!" Jasmine exclaimed in exasperation, "Okay? You've gained my trust, I trust you!"

Regulus inhaled slightly, not going unnoticed by Jasmine obviously, "Maybe you shouldn't."

"Yeah well, too late isn't it." She sniffed, shaking her head absentmindedly.

Regulus continued to stare at her, so blank on the outside but shocked she was displaying such vulnerability with him. He had experienced her momentary weakness before but never for this long.