CHAPTER 3

'UNAPPROACHABLE'

Finally, after a lot of stress and cursing—the non-magical kind, James and Jasmine made their way to Kings Cross Station with approximately 9 minutes to spare

"How do I get my hands on a howler?" Jasmine huffed out of breath, "I will scream if I have to take that horror anywhere again."

"Let's hope mum can convince dad to just let us be ignorant wizards when it comes down to travelling." James nodded in agreement.

Jasmine groaned turning to her brother. "I was supposed to be meeting Sirius to enter the platform together, you know he's secretly scared of it."

"Is it really a secret if he screams bloody murder every time?"

Jasmine and James both instinctively turned around to notice a blonde girl with a wolf cut and smudged eyeliner striding towards them. She was wearing her famous red leather jacket, gifted to her by Sirius, with her school shirt untucked out of flared black leather trousers. She grinned as she saw Jasmine check out her outfit.

"See something you like Potter's? I don't think Cas is one to share." Marlene McKinnon cheekily commented stood in front of the twins.

"Is it possible you got gayer this summer Marls? If yes please get Dorcas to reconsider." Jasmine joked giving the girl a hug.

Marlene McKinnon had known the Potter family since they were around six years old. Her family had moved from Venezuela to London but to her it never felt like a big adjustment due to her young age. Marlene practically grew up with Jasmine and James. The Potter's and McKinnon's were known to be two pureblood families who didn't care about blood supremacy—making them both to many, blood traitors.

Marlene was a Gryffindor, one of the best representatives of their house as she demonstrated all of their qualities. One of the things Jasmine truly admired about Marlene was her ability to be irrevocably herself.

Marlene was a lesbian—and a proud one at that.

"And the man himself, Fleabag!" Marlene cheered opening her arms for another hug, "Tell me, are you planning on showing Snape's vest this year too or were his manky pants enough?"

James nudged her off of him with a regretful frown, "Marlene stop I'm sorry, okay! I know I don't deserve to be forgiven but I actually thought I was doing right by Lily."

Marlene turned to Jasmine who was shaking her head at the memory. "James may just be the cutest straight boy I've ever met."

"Ah, don't forget about Peter." Jasmine pointed out.