CHAPTER 16

'I'M GETTING RED IN THE FACE, YOU CAN CALL ME OBSESSED'

Fleetwood Mac blared from inside the Ravenclaw common as Jasmine, the marauders, and Mary entered. Yellow and orange hues were the first thing they all noticed upon entering through the portrait, Mary and Jasmine cackling at the boys' failed attempt at deciphering the puzzle.

"Why is the party being held here anyway? I thought Lacey was a Gryffindor?" Sirius complained, straightening his sunglasses he wore matching with James.

Lacey Lockhart turned seventeen years old on the sixteenth of September and of course, she required a party as extravagant as her. As her older brother, Gilderoy, just so happened to insist on throwing his 'baby sister' her own party. Of course it was open invite since Lacey simply had to prove she was friends with everyone but not a lot of Jasmine's friends were attending.

Probably because it was being held on a Thursday night. Even the date of her party had to be obnoxious.

"She is mate, her brother did all this didn't he." James grumbled, still irritated at the thought of Gilderoy Lockhart from his failed date with Jasmine.

Jasmine patted her brothers shoulder, sarcastically, "Now, now James...don't make me hate this more than I already will."

"Nobody forced you to come Jazz." Remus reminded her.

"Of course they did!" She scoffed, "They tempted me with the promise of alcohol."

"Me too, love," Mary grinned, pulling her away from the other boys, "You look well fit tonight Jazz."

Jasmine laughed in surprise at her words, "Have you been drinking already, Mary?"

"One or two shots." She shrugged, with a slightly embarrassed smile.

"I'll never object to a woman flirting with me, keep going I say." Jasmine shrugged, smugly.

Jasmine agreed that she looked 'well fit' tonight as she wore a short & silky blood red dress that clung tightly to her figure—it was Marlene's but she refused to go to Lacey's party. With that she paired one of Sirius' black leather jackets with matching heels and of course, her locket.

Jasmine looked around the room surveying the guests and suddenly feeling sick to her stomach when she noticed Regulus Black stood against the wall, leaning down to talk to a very happy looking Lacey Lockhart.

Mary followed the girls intense line of vision, "She looks comfortable."

Jasmine didn't answer making Mary continue, "It's all because Amos turned her down Jazz, the look on her face was hilarious!"

"Do you think she's flirting with him?" Jasmine asked, scrunching her nose up.

"No one converses that close without intentions, Jazz." She scoffed, before looking at her friend confused, "Does it...matter?"

"It's just, she's wasting her time. Regulus would never go for her I mean—he can barely talk to me without snapping at me." She scoffed.

Lacey played with Regulus' curls, giggling as his smirk seemed to widen at her actions.

An unsubtle and murky feeling resonated in the pit of her stomach, burning her from head to toe. The front of her forehead was starting to feel hot.