CHAPTER 20

'DID I EVER TELL YOU THAT I'M NOT DOING WELL?'

"Jasmine," Remus spoke authoritatively, "Slow down!"

Jasmine sprinted over to the Gryffindor common room after their detention with a frown etched onto her face. She was attracted to Regulus Black! I mean sure she thought he wasn't awful to look at but to the point where she smelled him in her amortentia? 

The girl spotted Remus sat reading alone in front of the fire, more muggle literature she guessed. He was in his signature oversized brown jumper with some tea beside him. She startled him by rambling on about something he couldn't decipher, only hearing 'Regulus!' and 'Shit!' from time to time.

The girl calmed down before beginning to pace in front of the confused boy, "Now...what's the matter?"

"I smelled Regulus in the amortentia!" She hissed, panicked.

Remus calmly rested his book down, "...Was that not obvious?"

"Old books! Quidditch rain!? No! No, it wasn't obvious!" Jasmine cried, messing with her locket.

"Well think about it Jazz...I see him in the library reading all the time, he's the Slytherin seeker and...what was the last one?" Remus asked, ignoring her panic.

"His cologne." Jasmine groaned.

"Well, he's posh enough to have his own distinguishable cologne isn't he..." Remus joked, attempting to diffuse any tension.

"This isn't funny Remus! This is bad—very bad!" Jasmine frowned, plopping down beside him.

"Why's it so bad? You're allowed to be attracted to him, Jasmine." Remus pointed out.

"It's only attraction now b-but- what if I start to like him and then even worse—"

"Well let's not get ahead of ourselves," Remus chuckled, "This doesn't have to mean anything."

"You knew I found him attractive, Remus, and I ignored you!" The girl complained, leaning her head on his shoulder.

Remus wrapped his arm around her, "Why are you so upset, Jasmine?"

Jasmine hesitated, frowning before speaking, "He doesn't like me Remus. I don't want to go through it again."

"Jazz..." He began, guiltily.

"Don't you dare apologise!" Jasmine lightly slapped his arm, "It's not just you—and I'm glad you didn't like me back Moons, I'll be honest."