CHAPTER 32

'THE FEELING THAT IM LOSING HER FOREVER'

introducing...meryl streep as EUPHEMIA POTTER!

march 4th, 1961

Dear Jazzy,

"I've bloody had enough of being pregnant!" Georgina complained with a small chuckle, rubbing her pregnant stomach gently.

"Here," Fleamont laughed along, offering her his arm as he helped her to the garden, "I think Mia feels the same way."

Both Euphemia and Georgina were pregnant at the same time, to which Euphemia was thrilled—envisioning bringing the babies up as siblings.

"You've got that right!" Euphemia groaned jokingly, kissing her friend on the cheek as she sat beside her, admiring their roses.

"Do you fancy a tea, Georgie?" Fleamont asked, kindly.

Georgina sighed, "Truthfully I'd prefer a glass of that whisky you wizards have but...a tea will be delightful."

Euphemia shook her head with distaste,"I don't know how you can stand firewhisky, it's too strong."

"How about I drink the firewhisky and let you both be jealous I'm allowed the alcohol?" Fleamont teased as he scarpered to inside the mansion.

"He's an idiot." Euphemia laughed fondly, staring at him with love.

Georgina laughed half-heartedly, alerting her best friends attention. Euphemia looked up with confusion, "What's the matter, love?"

"Sometimes I wish I had something like you and Fleamont have. Even the father of my child couldn't bring me the feeling of love I have always yearned for." Georgina frowned, embarrassed at her jealousy.

"I still believe it to be because of the lack of love you received growing up," Euphemia smiled, sadly, "Your father dying when you were young, the rest of your family absent from your life...that has to be why you struggle with the idea of love."

"You don't understand Mia," Georgina whispered, quite distressed, "It's not just a struggle for me...I physically can't feel it. When I think about...about my own baby I—I don't feel...anything."

Euphemia stared at her friend sympathetically, "Oh Georgina..."

"No don't feel sorry for me I just..." Georgina interrupted, "I have never felt an ounce of love in my life. I think there's something seriously wrong with me."