CHAPTER 30

'FREAKS AND WEIRDOS'

"You're finally going to get it Potter

"You're finally going to get it Potter." Filch snarled, baring his teeth in what she guessed was a victorious grin.

The man clutched her arm tightly as he dragged her arm, Jasmine letting out a string of language her mother would gasp at.

"I knew it would be one of you filthy marauders who kept trying to sneak past me!" He exclaimed, eyes wild, nodding at Mrs Norris running with them.

"Congratulations," She snapped, not in the mood for his rambling, "The only thing you've ever achieved in your life."

He let out a strangled grunt at her harsh words, "Just wait until the Headmaster lays his eyes on you after sneaking out of the castle, this time he'll be sure to let me dangle you from your ankles."

"Oh don't be a pedophile," Jasmine rolled her eyes before halting immediately, "Wait...did you just say Headmaster? You're taking me to Dumbledore?"

Filch laughed cruelly thinking he had stricken some form of fear within her, "He demanded I bring you specifically to him if I ever caught you roaming the halls...he knows what a revolting troublemaker you are!"

"Well! My day just keeps getting better doesn't it?" Jasmine sighed in annoyance, allowing herself to be dragged by Filch yet again.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

Jasmine sat down awkwardly, feeling a strange chill from Dumbledore's office instead of the usual comforting warmth. Filch remained at his door, whispering to Dumbledore about how badly he wanted to see her punished—let's just say they weren't being subtle.

"She's a scoundrel! She and those boys!" Filch spat.

"Argus please," Dumbledore spoke softly and yet sternly, "I shall see to it that Miss Potter faces the consequences of her actions but I do request you allow me to do it on my own terms."

The girl fidgeted with her locket, feeling almost calmer at the fact her mother had worn it how many years ago.

"But Headmaster—"

Dumbledore raised a calm hand silencing the raging man. He huffed, Jasmine hearing the sickly rasp in his throat as he did, and stomped off, commanding Mrs Norris to follow him.

Jasmine didn't dare turn around, waiting for Dumbledore to reach his desk before making eye contact with him.

"Jasmine," Dumbledore began, "Whilst I have always admired your independence, the blatant disregard for rules can be frustrating."