CHAPTER 2

'MRS JASMINE...LUPIN?'

James was no help as per usual but, she went with hair down.

After squabbling for a large portion of the morning, James and Jasmine had sat down at the breakfast table for the final time before they would set off on their second to last journey to Hogwarts.

"-and the look on his stupid Slytherin face will be priceless!"

Euphemia pointed a maternal finger in James' direction. "James Fleamont Potter! What have I told you about these pranks—you're sixteen years old! I can't have Minerva scolding me for not keeping you in line again!"

"Yeah Jamie you're sixteen years old now!" Jasmine mocked, imitating her mother.

"You're so annoying Jasmine—stop calling me Jamie!" He whined.

"Maybe mum was wrong, you act more like a four year old sometimes." Jasmine shrugged, satisfied she had successfully annoyed her brother.

"Mum!"

"Honestly the both of you be quiet otherwise when it's time for you to be coming home for Christmas I'll be keeping the doors padlocked!" Euphemia warned light heartedly.

"Now that'd be a splendid Christmas." Fleamont sighed as he walked in, running his hands through his kids' hair.

Alarmed, the twins both spoke at the same time.

"Dad stop I just got it right!"

"Dad I'm literally going to ask another family to adopt me!"

"Good morning family! Toast with scrambled eggs Mia?" He asked kissing her on the cheek.

"Your favourite, with a side of The Daily Prophet my love." Euphemia smiled sincerely.

"Do I ever tell you how I love you more than the amount of atoms there are in the universe?" Fleamont whispered softly to his wife.

"You definitely do, dad." Jasmine loudly interrupted the moment, spraying chewed up toast bits onto her brother.

Fleamont playfully stuck his tongue out at her whilst joining them at the table with his paper—he was a child at heart.

"Let them be in love Jazzy, I think it's nice." James complained whilst digging into his breakfast.

"I swear if this turns into another rant about Lily I'm going to—"

"It wasn't going to!"

Euphemia tutted as turned to face Jasmine. "Look darling we know it's been tough with everything that happened with Remus—"

Jasmine physically cringed thinking of having to discuss her love life with her parents. "Mum please I cannot—"

"—but that doesn't mean you have to swear off of the idea of romance!"

"I'm not swearing off anything! I just don't...see the point in relationships." She complained.

The family all gave each other a look.