CHAPTER 18

'PATHETIC VIGILANTE'S'

This September night was freezing as expected but it did not deter Jasmine from her aim; meeting her uncle. The girl had owled him in the morning and yet she got his letter of response in less than two hours which caught her off guard.

James insisted to allow him to accompany her but she refused, knowing she needed this time with Marvin alone. Sneaking out of the castle after hours was a difficult task but luckily she stole James' invisibility cloak that he nicked from their dad, and the marauders map.

She shivered as she only wore her woollen Gryffindor jumper and her black flared leggings, regretting her choice not to straight up go in her warmest pyjamas.

The girl successfully made it to Hogsmeade, avoiding Filch and his nasty cat. She walked with vigour despite the melancholic feelings swirling around her brain with ease. She felt she had no control over herself, her emotions. Her rage.

What she thought Marvin could do to help was beyond her however, she knew she needed to tell someone—someone who could truly get the lonesome feeling she was experiencing. His family had died, all Marvin had was Jasmine.

"Jasmine, there you are." Marvin spoke softly and yet powerfully, advancing towards her.

She smiled weakly before checking their surroundings, "Marvin."

The man indicated his head over to a bench nearby before politely holding his arm out, "Shall we sit, and you can tell me everything."

Jasmine nodded, walking toward the bench before exhaling slightly, "Thanks for agreeing to meet...I know it's late."

The corners of Marvin's mouth twitched up slightly, amused, "Well...when you're your own boss, it's easy to make yourself available whenever."

He continued, leaning in lowering his voice slightly, "Meaning I can take the entire day off tomorrow if I need."

Jasmine laughed, shaking her head, "What do you do?"

Speaking without hesitation Marvin answered, "I'm the leader of my own organisation, very complicated and boring I'm sure."

She shook her head, interested, "No, no it sounds quite intriguing actually."

For the first time, Jasmine saw Marvin smile a little, "I'll tell you more about it another day, hm?"

Jasmine guessed this a hint for her to actually disclose the reason she wanted to meet him.

She sighed and nodded before beginning, "Did my mum have like...anger issues?"

Marvin blinked, confusing washing over his sculpted features, "Pardon?"

She almost wanted to laugh at the thrown off facial expression but she didn't, "I don't know. I've been experiencing some really out of control fury at the moment..."

"For any particular reason or can they not be explained?" Marvin asked, an unreadable expression on his face.

"It's only happened twice..." The girl sniffed, feeling slightly overwhelmed, "And I did have reason to be angry both times but..."