CHAPTER 34

'YOU'LL BE DANCIN' ONCE AGAIN, AND THE PAIN WILL END'

"Mary sweetheart, please look at me..." Marlene cooed in a hushed voice, sat in the girls dorm room, "You're allowed to cry."

It had been a day since the attack and Mary had been inconsolable. Jasmine had never seen her like this as she sat upright Lily's bed, looking weak and disturbed. The first time she had met Mary, she remembered instantly feeling warm and slightly intimidated by her ferocity and confidence—it was no surprise though, after facing Mulciber's abuse.

Her hair was up in a bun, not brushed as she dreaded having to feel any sort of pull to her curly locks after he had his disgusting hands in them. The girls had convinced her to change into her pyjamas, so she wore a comforting oversized top with peach shorts. The tears had dried to her face, eyes in a constant state of red and puffy. Jasmine truly loathed Mulciber for what he was putting her friend through.

Mary sat surrounded by her closest friends, Marlene successfully sneaking Dorcas into the Gryffindor common room but she knew McGonagall wouldn't say anything. Lily and Jasmine hadn't left her side and refused to let Mary out of their sight.

Lacey had decided to leave them alone, saying she'd sleep on her Hufflepuff friends room for a few nights so she didn't disrupt them. Jasmine had to give it to her, she might've been an annoying bitch but she wasn't evil.

Mary gave a long sniff, still staring at the edge of Lily's bed, "I've cried to the point where it hurts...I've had enough."

Lily was stroking her back, eyes full of sadness, "Oh Mary..."

"I can't believe he...he did what he did to you." Jasmine spoke aloud, her voice breaking as she replayed the past events in her head.

"You don't know the half of it," Mary gulped shaking her head, "I could barely tell Dumbledore."

"Your mums coming to get you isn't she, M?" Dorcas questioned, fiddling with Mary's hands.

"Tonight." She nodded in a raspy voice, eyes filling up.

"Mary," Marlene began apprehensively causing Lily to look at her warningly, "Tell me to fuck off if I'm asking too much of you but...what did he do to you?"

"Marlene." Dorcas whispered, raising a cautious brow.

"It's okay Cas," Mary interrupted, finally looking her friends in the eye, "I'd rather you hear it from me than Dumbledore anyway."

They waited patiently for Mary to begin, "It started a while back."

"So I heard you're seeing pretty boy, Diggory."