Chapter 12

The people in the village all had their mouths open, dumbfounded as they watched the ups and downs and twists and turns of the Lin family's family drama today.

Even Li Laofu and several clan elders stood there, looking at each other in shock.

Only the old man and the old lady who were hiding in the yard changed their faces slightly when they heard the words. They didn't dare to look at Chen Shuju who was suppressed, and they didn't even dare to look at their son who was laughing in anger. They lowered their heads and pretended to be deaf and dumb with a guilty conscience.

"No, it's impossible. Isn't Jiang Rongniang having some health problem and unable to give birth..."

Chen Shuju was a little confused and shook her head, refusing to believe it.

She naturally knew about the existence of Jiang Rongniang, Lin Sangui's first wife.

Originally, her aunt, Mrs. Lin, wanted her to marry Lin Sangui as her daughter-in-law. She had always liked Lin Sangui, her cousin, but she didn't expect that Lin Sangui fell in love with Jiang Rongniang and ignored the old lady's advice and hired a matchmaker to marry her. Got people.

She had hated Jiang Rongniang for a long time because of her fierce personality and it was difficult to find a good wife. It would be best to marry a capable cousin.

But what relieved her hatred was that later the doctor said that Jiang Rongniang was not good at giving birth, so she tried to please her aunt, and the old lady made a fuss and divorced Jiang Rongniang, forcing Lin Sangui to marry her.

These things are not secrets in the village, everyone knows it, but no one really knows Lin Ze's life experience.

"It's true that Lin Ze is my and Rong Niang's son. My parents also know this. Rong Niang only found out she was pregnant after she was divorced..."

Anyway, now that it has reached this point, Lin Sangui has no worries anymore and talks decadently about what happened back then.

...

The whole thing about the Lin family is actually not complicated. It is nothing more than the fault of feudal thinking.

The old lady didn't like Jiang Rongniang's daughter-in-law at first. After the couple got married, one day after hearing the doctor's diagnosis that it was difficult for her to have children, she took advantage of the situation and decided to divorce her back to her parents' home with the seven-step rule.

Of course Lin Sangui wouldn't do it then, he really hated his mother so much, but in the evil feudal society, there was nothing he could do against the old lady.

He wanted to take her back, but the Jiang family was also cruel. They took his mother's money and married their daughter off the next day. He couldn't find her even though he was far away.

Later, he was forced by his family to marry Chen Shuju, and the old lady gave him medicine to consummate the marriage. It was a done deal.

From then on, Lin Sangui was hit hard. It wasn't until the Jiang family came to him quietly holding a baby and said it was his blood that he realized that Jiang Rongniang had already had it when she was divorced.

"This is the son Rong Niang gave birth to for you despite the beatings and scoldings from her new husband's family. He is of the blood of your Lin family. If you don't give him ten taels of silver, he will be sold to someone else."

Even the daughter was married off casually, so the Jiang family didn't have any good intentions when they came with a baby in their arms, just to extort money.