Chapter 154

The process of Xu Xiaoshi's grievance case is not complicated, it is just a very simple vendetta case.

No, it is not yet clear whether it was a true vendetta, because the prisoner did not plead guilty, and the family members of the prisoner also complained about the injustice. The Tang family of the victim only had a single witness of a domestic slave and no physical evidence.

So the specific reason cannot be determined yet.

"Brother Lin, I am trying this case. Cousin Xu Xiaoshi has not pleaded guilty. The Tang family only has witnesses and the physical evidence is not complete. I think there is something fishy about this case, so the case has not been finalized yet..."

After listening to Xu Xiaoshi's words, Duan Wensai finally remembered why the other person looked familiar, but it was his family member handling the case.

Although Duan Wensai came from the capital for a 'holiday' to gain experience, as the magistrate of Qingshan County in the past two years, he still did a lot of practical things. He built roads and solved cases, and he did everything for the people, without any fairness. neglect.

Therefore, his reputation in Qingshan County is still very good.

It's just that Cousin Xu Xiaoshi's case is not that simple. The Tang family involved is a military officer under the prefect. The offices under the prefect include the official office, the household office, the ceremonial office, the military office, the punishment office, the work office, etc. In charge of all matters within the county and city.

The military commander is the head of the "military room" among them. With the support of the prefect, he controls the militia power of Qingshan County. To a certain extent, he has greater real power than the county magistrate.

Xu Xiaoshi believed that Magistrate Duan could help his cousin investigate the case, but he was afraid that when the truth came out, his cousin would be found innocent. However, Magistrate Duan was unable to resist the real power and his cousin was wronged. Therefore, he heard that the "Imperial Envoy" was back. , and then he mustered up the courage to run.

Duan Wensai's identity as a young marquis in the capital is unknown to ordinary bosses here.

"Your Majesty, the Tang family is a bully. They rely on their relationship with the prefect and their position as commander of the army. The girls and boys who caused trouble in the early years have nowhere to redress their grievances. The officials are protecting each other and there is nothing they can do. If Magistrate Duan hadn't made the decision this time, Investigation, I am afraid that my cousin has been wronged and executed behind his back..."

Now that they have all come out, Xu Xiaoshi is willing to risk everything and dare to say anything without fear of offending the prefect.

In the end, neither he nor his cousin had a good end if the justice was not redressed. However, Magistrate Duan was a good person. He also knew that he went directly over the magistrate and asked the imperial envoy to redress his grievance. He was afraid of damaging Magistrate Duan Wensai's reputation, so he explained it in his words.

When the people heard this, they immediately understood that those people should be blamed for this crime.

The face of the prefect who was named turned dark on the spot. He did not expect that something like this would happen today. The Tang family belongs to him, and he also knows a thing or two about the virtues of the other party's family. This unjust case is most likely true.

Normally this would not matter, but now it is clear that the newly appointed 'Imperial Envoy' will be given an excuse. When the time comes, the other party will start from the Tang family, and it will not be difficult to find out the private activities of a group of them.