Chapter 37: The Haunting Thoughts Of Midnight

 The Bathroom, Nolan Pierce's Apartment, The Wellman Complex, West And Kelling Street, Flashpoint, New Jersey...

     The sound of urine splashing against the toilet bowl always seemed much louder in the middle of the night as Charley Bayler stood staring down into it as the steady stream of yellow mixed in with the clear water below. He sighed as he gripped his thick cock and closed his eyes as he did a bit of light reflecting as to where his life had taken him since those early days rummaging trashcans and sleeping in curious places since he'd been kicked out into the cold by his drunken father. He had reflected on The Bateman family, but wanted less and less to do with them following his release from prison and often pushed them into the back of his mind as he headed for greener pastures. While it was true that he wouldn't have survived without them, he'd been thrown into prison and subjected to worse horrors than his drunken deadbeat father once the majority of the family turned their backs on him.

Tiffany had been his first real relationship and that ended in a bust due to his imprisonment and she'd been happily married with a kid of her own. Charley sighed as he turned his attention to more pressing matters when he noted the sound of footsteps as he finished up at the toilet bowl. He shook his cock and flushed before moving over toward the sink and washing his hands. Once he had been finished he took a moment to see himself in the mirror as he came to terms with what he'd been doing in terms of his inability to walk away from Nolan Pierce.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

The Kitchen, Nolan Pierce's Apartment, The Wellman Complex, West And Kelling Street, Flashpoint, New Jersey...

Charley had not been a fan of relationships in the least, but he couldn't seem to bring himself to walk away no matter how many times it had been logical for him to bail. He exited the bathroom shaking away his thoughts and followed the footsteps he heard which had been Nolan making his way into the kitchen. The young blond lad had slipped into his robe as he moved along the house needing a bit of warmth as he helped himself to a glass of water in the middle of the night.

Not wishing to return to a cold bed alone, Charley decided to follow him into the kitchen. It was an odd thing to take note of with Nolan standing in the kitchen using the light of the fridge in place of flipping the switch but he seemed to be doing something other than pouring a glass of water. Charley watched in silence for a few moments before he finally noticed a needle of sorts and his mind clicked about Nolan's having diabetes.

He walked over to him and Nolan nearly jumped out of his skin.

"C-Charley what are you doing in here?" he said terrified as his face became red from embarrassment. He tried to hide his insulin shot and the older man rolled his eyes.

"Knock it off kid, I already know you got diabetes and you need insulin shots and whatnot," said Charley annoyed. "You might as well hand over the needle and show me how to do it because you are doing a piss-poor job from where I was standing."

Nolan narrowed his eyes at Charley finding himself a bit annoyed in the exchange.

"I'll have you know Dick, insulin hurts when it's cold," he growled in his defense as he handed Charley the needle with a measure of reluctance.

"Next time there'd better be a "Daddy" before that Dick or I'll spank your pale ass right here and now," said Charley as Nolan rolled his eyes. "Now quit your bitchin and walk me through how to do this so we can both go back to bed."

Nolan had not known what to say, he had half expected Charley to walk out right then and there after finding out that he'd had this condition, as complicated as their apparent relationship was and seemed to continue to be, Charley had remained in his conviction to stay with him despite not being much for a relationship to begin with.

"Don't you look at me like that, this is a purely selfish motive, if my favorite pussy is in a diabetic coma from lack of insulin then I can't fuck like I want to," replied Charley in a snide remark.

"Dick," muttered Nolan, his romanticized fantasy ruined in an instant by his apparent boyfriend's vulgar honesty.

He resolved himself to walking-through how to do his shots and Charley listened quite well He had even taken to liberty of kissing Nolan's pale ass cheek before and after jabbing him with the needle and shooting in the insulin. Nolan screamed out in pain then Charley held him close kissing the top of his head as the young lad's eyes watered and Charley assured him that he'd be fine.

"Drink your water." Charley had instructed Nolan who had been a bit dizzy since the shot.

He grabbed the glass off the countertop and drank quite a bit down in the process.

Charley seemed pleased when he halfway finished the glass and held him close as they stood in the kitchen. Nolan sighed feeling once more safe in Charley's powerful arms as he leaned against him amid the cool morning air of the kitchen.

"Mmmm admit it handsome you like me for more than my pussy." said Nolan teasing Charley for his display of affection.

"You know I love your tight pussy, I'm just starting to like you less and less," remarked Charley in his usual gruff tone.

Nolan smirked as he reached for Charley and kissed his lips. The older man returned his kiss and turned his rather focused attention to getting Nolan back into bed to rest. He carried him like a bride back into the bedroom as the younger lad leaned against him his eyes growing all the more heavy in the wake of his comfort.

Charley carried the younger lad back into the bedroom and returned to clean up the mess they left in the kitchen. He sighed as he thought back to what Claire had told him and how she had advised him to take his leave as soon as possible before Nolan fell any deeper in love with him. Knowing what he knew about the handsome younger lad, Charley had buried the conversation and headed back toward the bedroom where he once more climbed into bed with a slumbering Nolan Pierce.

Charley took a moment to watch the relaxed younger lad sleep. He seemed quite peaceful and content as he began lightly snoring beneath the covers. He scooted into bed and pulled Nolan into his arms once more kissing the slumbering young blond on the top of the head as he rested against his bare chest.

Charley Bayler had no clue what he was doing as far as this thing with Nolan had been concerned but it was getting harder and harder to pretend that he had not been worried about him, and what leaving him would do to the already suffering boy.