Epilogue

"I'm glad you're alright Eden." Muriel smiled. It had been a couple of weeks since the "incident" and things had gone back to normal. Eden and Gabriel had invited Muriel, Eric and Hester over for dinner. "And that you're doing better as well, Gabriel." 

It was just Muriel, Eden, Gabriel and Aziraphale. Eric and Crowley were outside with the children and the animals. Terri and Koko were trying to get Bentley on Hester's back and Crowley, for once, didn't think it would be a good idea. Hester was a demon goat after all…..

"Much better." Gabriel confirmed. "Especially now that we're back home." 

"What about you dear?" Aziraphale asked. "How are you doing? Enjoying your vacation?"

Muriel's face fell. "It's been wonderful. More than wonderful. Eric is so kind and Hester is wonderful company…..I don't want it to end…."

"You don't have to go back if you don't want to." Gabriel said. "I'm surprised you even stayed as long as you have." 

"I've just mainly done desk work…..even when Armageddon occurred, and when Eden was…..you know……I was filling out paperwork that by the time you told me she was already in recovery……but then the other incidents involving her combined with what I witnessed two weeks ago……and my bond with Eric have led me to decide to hand in my resignation." 

"Oh that's wonderful!" Aziraphale said. As Eden smiled, "I'm so happy for you!"

Muriel beamed. "I'm glad, because I still need to tell Eric! You think he'll be willing to have a housemate?"

"YES!" Eric shouted as he dashed into the dining room. "Er, sorry, Crowley tempted me to eavesdrop and I couldn’t resist. Yes, Muriel, of course you can stay with me! As long as you like!" The demon rushed forward and hugged them tightly. Muriel sighed with relief as tears of joy ran down their cheeks.

The End