21

Eden jerked awake with a gasp and a cough. She tried to sit up only to have someone gently push her back down with a gentle hand on her chest. "Easy now. Easy." It was Aziraphale, or at least the different one. "You've had a nasty tumble, young lady. And you've used up a lot of strength to do what you've just did…..which is quite impressive by the way. Like one of my magic tricks."

"Yes." Eden rasped in reply. Her throat felt dry. "Like your coin trick, instead of hiding the Book of Life behind my ear I hid it in me….in my aura." Aziraphale gave her a strange look, as if he still couldn't really believe her, "Here, drink this. You probably want something besides water." Aziraphale handed her a steaming mug of cocoa. 

"Oh yes, you make the best!" realizing what she said she quickly corrected herself. "I mean, my Papa makes the best……" Eden took the cup and drank gratefully. "Hmmmm, so good." It tasted just like her Papa’s. 

"Where's Crowley?" Eden asked when she realized that the demon wasn't there. 

"He went to get something to eat, he knew you would be hungry. Especially after what you just did."

Eden’s stomach rumbled. "Yeah I am pretty hungry." 

The bookshop doors swung open at her words and Crowley entered with a large paper bag in his arms. "Oh good she's awake! I didn't really know what you like so I just got sushi. Do you even like sushi? If not I can go get something else….." 

"Oh no I love sushi and I'll eat pretty much anything!" Crowley sighed with relief and couldn't help but notice how much she reminded him of Aziraphale. 

"I also got some wine, for Aziraphale and me of course since it's usually just the two of us but since you're here I got an extra bottle. Do you like wine?" Aziraphale took the bag from Crowley and began to dole out the food and drink as Eden replied, "I uh…..actually don't drink….."

"Oh." Aziraphale and Crowley were genuinely surprised. Especially if she was their alternate dimension counterpart's daughter, as she claimed to be. 

"Is there a particular reason why you don't drink, my dear?" Aziraphale prompted. 

Eden broke eye contact from the pair. "I don't know if I should tell you…….." Eden fell silent. 

"Hey," Crowley stepped forward and lifted her face with gentle fingers. "None of that now. I don't want you to be sad. Especially after what you just did, which was quite a sight! I'd never seen anything like it! Although it was extremely dangerous! But that's beside the point. You can talk to us about whatever you want."

"That's the problem though." Eden replied. "I don't want anything I tell you to influence this timeline going forward. You two meeting me could have serious consequences on your relationship going forward….especially if you two were to have your own baby at some point….."

"Oh don't be silly!" Aziraphale scoffed. "We're not even dating! You feel free to tell us whatever you wish and whatever makes you comfortable. How about some tea, then?" As Aziraphale left to prepare the tea, Crowley, looking a little deflated, said, "I can tell there's something you aren't telling me."

Eden rubbed her arm self consciousnessly, "Been through a few rough patches here and there…..wouldn't really know where to begin…..and why tell you about something that might not even happen and affect you, ya know?"

"Hmmph." Crowley muttered. "You're technically my daughter, so as your technical father I want to know why you don't drink booze and why it upsets you. I just want to look after you." 

Eden sighed and explained, shortly and quickly, why she didn't drink alcohol. "It just reminds me too much of my time in Hell, and that's all I had to drink….it was awful….and so cold…..I don't like the cold either. I never liked it before anyways but I especially didn't like it when I got home….." Eden took another gulp of cocoa. 

Crowley gaped at her in shock but before he could say anything else Aziraphale entered the room with a tray full of tea and freshly baked cookies. "Let's eat!"

Strange Omens Volume 2: The Book of Life (Bad Omens Book 10)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara