20

"So the plan is to draw a pentagram in the middle of the road….." Crowley said as he watched Gabriel draw a convoluted series of runes on the black asphalt. The trio had called an emergency babysitter, or rather, babysitters, Nina and Maggie, and the three of them hopped into the Bentley and drove to the bookshop. Gabriel had brought some of the kid's colorful sidewalk chalk and nothing else.

"This pentagram is a portal, which is safer than a wormhole." Gabriel replied and with the Bentley we'll be even safer."

"That's good and all." Crowley replied. "But how will we be certain that we're even going to the right alternate dimension?"

"This." Gabriel pulled the golden band from his ring finger. "My wedding ring. It symbolizes my bond with Eden. That's why I felt her power surge….our aura's….our souls are entwined….like yours because you're kin…..but were linked romantically…..this object will lead us to her like a magnet." 

"Huh…..that's actually a good explanation." said Crowley, genuinely impressed. 

"I'll put it on the dashboard and the Bentley will do the rest." Gabriel continued. "Won't you, old friend?" Gabriel patted the hood. "You know where she is don't you?"

As if in reply the Bentley flickered its headlights on and off. 

Crowley sighed. "The two of them were inseparable when she was little." Crowley felt his chest ache at the memories of Eden as a child knowing he could leave Eden alone with the Bentley. Crowley could count on them to keep his little girl safe, especially whenever they were in the city near the busy street. The Bentley never let anyone unseemly or any strange cars near his precious little Queen. They had remained fast friends since the very first day they met. Crowley had brought her out just mere hours after she was born while Aziraphale was sleeping and Crowley and newborn Eden were greeted by the Bentley honking their horn, flicking the headlights, slamming the doors and playing "I Want To Break Free."

"So now what?"  Crowley asked as the trio climbed into the Bentley. Crowley was in the driver's seat as always and the Archangel was in the passenger seat while Aziraphale was in the back with a first aid kit, a tartan blanket and a picnic basket. 

"Drive the Bentley over the pentagram and park on top of it." Gabriel replied. "And leave the rest to the portal and my wedding ring." As Crowley did just that, Gabriel placed his wedding ring on the dashboard. Right when Crowley parked on the pentagram, the wedding ring hovered a few inches above the dashboard and began to glow a bright white light, alongside with the pentagram. 

"We're coming Edie."