22

"Thank you for letting me sleep in here, Mr. Fell." Eden said as she eagerly scrambled into the bookshop's one bedroom. It was just like the one back home. The same room with its welcoming yellow walls and where she and her Daddy would take their naps together when she was small.

"Of course, and no Mr. Fell! It's Aziraphale, to you, Eden, now you get some sleep and we'll begin preparations to rebuild your TARDIS first thing tomorrow morning." Eden climbed into the bed and Aziraphale, as if on instinct, stepped forward to tuck her in. Eden normally would have protested as she wasn't little anymore but she missed her Papa’s fussing so much that she allowed it. 

"Get some sleep my dear, and may you dream of whatever you like best." 

"Good night, Aziraphale."

Aziraphale watched over the strange young woman for a few moments before he shut the door quietly and rushed back to the front of the shop to Crowley. "Is her ward still holding?" 

"Yes." Crowley replied, "But it's starting to waver. You can tell she's never did anything like it before."

"Well, obviously, she's not even in her one hundreds! It's a miracle she's even able to pull off a barrier ward and contain the Book of Life inside her simultaneously and not pass out." 

"I'll sort it out." Crowley snapped his fingers. "There. I got rid of her ward and replaced it with mine. Now she can just focus her strength on the book. I'd take that from her too but I have no idea about hiding stuff in auras and taking them out."

"She said she was mimicking my coin trick….." Aziraphale murmured, feeling a flash of pride.

"Feels nice being a dad, huh?" Crowley grinned. 

Aziraphale smiled warmly as he sat next to Crowley on the couch in the backroom. "It most certainly does." Crowley poured the angel a cup of tea and a glass of wine for himself, the two clinked their cups together in a quiet toast and drank long into the night.