5

"Just leave her there. I made sure to hit her particularly hard with that paperweight. She'll be out even as I erase her from the Book of Life." The words sounded far away as Eden slowly came to. Her head thrummed with agony as her eyes fluttered open and her vision was greeted by the sight of dark red blood on marble tile. She also realized that she was lying on the floor as well, and less than a foot away from her was a golden crucifix paperweight with blood trickling off the side.

"Fuck." Eden swore as she sat up clutching the side of her head. Her hands met sticky warm blood. Her curls and barrette were heavy and damp with it.

"Ow ow ow ow." Eden groaned as she stumbled to her feet. Her vision blurred as she tried to get her bearings. Her gaze eventually drifted back towards Metatron’s desk and that's where she saw it. A large leather-bound tome decorated with golden runes was lying at the center of the desk. 

Eden noticed that the office door was wide open as well with her ears ringing with Metatron and Michael's conversation. 

"She's escaped! Get her!" Eden heard the distant shouts of the Metatron. Eden blocked out the bellows and clutched the Book of Life to her chest tightly as she dashed through the entrance and towards her TARDIS. A click was heard as the locks came undone. The doors swung open and Eden dashed inside and slumped against the console. 

"Get me out of here." Eden rasped as her legs buckled, blood trickling onto the console's control panel.

Eden blacked out again as sparks erupted from the control panel.