27

Crowley hissed in sympathy at the nasty bump on Eden’s head. “That looks nasty….thank Someone it can be healed with a miracle.” Crowley waved his hand and the bump disappeared. 

“She was a mess when she showed up.” Crow said, concerned. “But she’s a tough kid, probably didn’t even feel it when Metatron hit her!” Crow was trying to make Eden feel better although she was still clearly upset.

“I’m going to fucking kill that fucker.” Crowley muttered, but quickly turned back to Eden who was strangely quiet. “Are you okay, my darling?”

“I’m fine. Crow is right. I didn’t feel anything….” Eden was staring at the door that led to the bedroom. It had been eerily quiet.

“He’ll be fine, Queenie.” Crowley reassured. “Azira and your Papa will take good care of him.” Eden whirled around and buried her face in his shoulder when a muffled cry of pain was heard from beyond the door.

“I want to go home.” Crowley wrapped his arms around her tightly and hugged her close. 

“We will. I promise.” Crow sat there awkwardly until the door suddenly swung open and out stepped Archangel Gabriel. Several layers of bandages were wrapped around the Archangel’s midsection but despite that, he looked better than he did before.

“Gabriel?!” Eden exclaimed as she ran to her husband. “You’re okay!” 

“I told you I would be.” Gabriel rasped. “I had to see you to make sure you were okay though.” As the couple hugged each other tightly, Aziraphale and Azira dashed out towards the Archangel.

“Gabriel! You should be resting. It’s not wise to be up and about after an operation.” Aziraphale sounded very concerned.

“I think he will be fine Aziraphale.” Azira cut in. “Although the wound is serious, the bullet was a holy bullet. If it was a hellfire bullet it would be a different story. And he was lucky that it wasn't in that deep. Although I do agree about the resting part….” Azira turned to Gabriel. “You’re going to be extremely weak due to the blood loss and the pain. And you can’t tear your stitches before they’re ready to be removed.” 

“I’ll rest when I know my Edie is alright.” Gabriel rasped. Eden led him to the couch and helped him to sit down. 

“Gabriel, what are you talking about? I’m fine. You can see that. More than fine now that you’re all patched up and don't have to shirt on.” 

Gabriel blushed and laughed. “Don’t make me laugh now, love, it hurts.” 

“But I need you to smile, beloved.” Eden begged. “I haven’t seen it in so long.”

“Geez….are they always like this?” Crow whispered to Crowley. 

“Yeah…..I hate it….. I pray for a divorce every day….”

“That’s not going to happen anytime soon, dear boy.” Aziraphale cut in. “Not after seven children.”

“WOT?!” Azira and Crow gasped in unison.

“We found blood at Big Ben…….it was your blood Edie. What did Metatron do to you and what did he want?”

“Ngk.” said Eden