28

“So I just panicked!” Eden said. “I don’t really remember exactly what I did. I was just afraid that Metatron was going to get his hands on the Book and I couldn’t let that happen. I just couldn’t. He was going to erase you Gabriel. My parents….our children….. and who knows what would happen to our animals…..” Eden rubbed her eyes as she began to cry. “And I don’t want to work for Heaven…..not after everything that we’ve been through…. I just want to be with my family.” After some convincing, Eden ate some of the food that Aziraphale brought in the picnic basket. He packed blueberry muffins, her favorite, and it made her more emotional.

“Don’t cry, Eden.” Gabriel wrapped his arms around his wife in comfort. “I’ll protect you now.”

“We all will.” Aziraphale said. “But we should find an alternative way to hide the Book. We can see how drained you look Eden.” Eden’s skin was pale and she had bags under her eyes. Keeping an ancient relic as powerful as the Book hidden was taking a lot out of her.

“I’ll be fine Papa. The Book will be safe with me.”

Gabriel frowned. “Edie-“ 

“Enough Gabriel.” Eden said firmly. “I’m tired and you need to rest. Come on.”

Eden gave her parents fierce hugs and thanked Crow and Azira profusely for their help before she slowly and gently led Gabriel back to the guest room. 

Once the pair left, Azira turned and faced the nearly identical doppelgängers of himself and Crow. 

“Now would you be willing to answer some of our questions?”

Crowley and Aziraphale exchanged a wary glance as the four of them sat down and began to talk