15

"Don't be afraid, love." Aziraphale soothed the frazzled girl. "You're safe here. "Let's sit you up, now." Together he and Crowley helped her to sit up. "I-" the girl tried to speak but her tongue scratched against her dry throat, making her cough. 

"No talking now. Just relax and drink some water." He snapped his fingers and a glass of water appeared. He passed it to the girl, "Drink this down while I take these ghastly bandages off of you and clean your hair. You're much too pretty to be in this state." He shot Crowley a glance. "Lovely weather today, right Crowley?" The girl's hair was matted with dry blood and he needed Crowley to keep her distracted. He couldn't afford her to get upset or worse, have another fit.

"Er, right!" Crowley said, getting the hint. "So, what brings ya here?" Aziraphale shot Crowley a furious glare which made Crowley flinch. The girl took one final sip of water and rasped, "My name is Eden and…." Eden reached up and touched her face, "Oh shit…." 

Eden suddenly shied away from both of them. "Please don't hurt me! I know my eyes might be strange looking but I mean no harm! I promise!" 

"Don't be silly! We have no intention of hurting you!" Aziraphale said. Crowley hurriedly rummaged through his pockets and pulled out her tartan bow barrette. "I most definitely won't let anything happen to you. I can promise you that my dear." 

Eden snatched the barrette from him, and suddenly realized where she was.

"What are you two doing in my parents book shop?"