9

"Lie her down on the couch!" Aziraphale said as he and Crowley half dragged-halfed carried the girl into the bookshop and together he and Crowley lay her down gently on the couch.

"Crowley, fetch the first aid kit that's tucked under my desk! Quickly now!"

The girl moaned as Crowley dashed away to grab the kit.

Aziraphale stroked the girl's cheek. He was taken aback by the scar tissue on each cheek. The one he was stroking was covered in what looked like a burn scar and the other had a slanted scar from what looked like it came from a large slash made from a blade. The final facial scar was another slanted line, the skin faded and discolored, across the right side of her face. A single slash mark. As if something had clawed her face.....

"So young, yet so many scars….you poor thing….." the girl moaned again. "Don't fret little one, you're safe now." 

Aziraphale blinked in surprise when the girl's eyes fluttered opened, revealing bright blue eyes, identical to his, with narrow pupils black as night. The spitting image of Crowley’s. The pupils of a serpent. 

"P-Papa…..Papa….." the girl slumped as she passed out again. 

"Okay, I'm back! Here's the kit!" Crowley exclaimed as he dashed back into the room. He froze at the expression on Aziraphale’s face. "Uh did I miss something?"