2

Gabriel was standing on the porch and he had been waiting there ever since Eden and Samwise took off for their evening ride. He should have been expecting it since it was the weekend and Eden hadn’t ridden Samwise in a few days. Gabriel didn't like it whenever Eden would ride by herself, it was much too dangerous according to the stories he heard from some humans along with some of the books he read from Eden’s bookshelf about riding.

Gabriel pulled his smoky gray jacket tighter around him and was about to charge straight into the foliage when Samwise emerged from the treeline led by a very battered looking Eden.

"Eden!"  

Eden blinked as Gabriel rushed to her. "Oh my God, what the hell happened to you?" Eden’s dark flame red curls were matted with leaves and her tartan bow barrette was hanging by a single curl.

"Gabe-" 

"I saw you limping. Where are you hurt?" 

"I'm fine, my stirrup broke is all." Samwise gently nuzzled her belly and huffed loudly. "Cut it out Samwise." 

Gabriel saw that her saddle was hanging off the stallion's back by a single strap. "What happened to your saddle?" 

"I-" Eden tried to answer but Gabriel beat her to it, "Oh God you fell off Sam!" 

Eden shrugged. "So? The forest floor is soft and it broke my fall-" a fresh ache caught her by surprise and it cut her off. Gabriel darted forward; his purple gaze round with worry. 

"Inside. Now." Gabriel rasped. Her stomach was hurting her again and he wouldn’t allow her to be in any sort of discomfort if he could help it.