He smirked. He knows of Lord Atwood. That man slighted him a few decades ago when Gideon forced Loki to stand down at a particular auction. Loki wouldn't mind him dead at his feet.

"Would you like my assistance?" Loki asked, his thumb tracing circles on your corseted waist again.

You gawked at him, taken aback. "You want to kill your own kind?"

Loki shrugged. "Humans do it all the time. Why does it have to be different with us? Besides, that bastard slighted me 50 years ago. I would take pleasure in ending his pathetic immortal life."

You clicked your tongue, hesitantly nodding at his words. It was quite a concept to try and understand. "If you want to take your revenge, by all means, take it. But," you say strictly. "Don't blame me if you get hurt."

-

It took quite the effort to corner one Lord Gideon Atwood.

After the lord caught a glint of your silver cross pendant— which, Loki found incredibly amusing that you still used it— he became a sweaty mess in the ballroom. He was desperately holding conversations with random nobles, out of hope that you won't approach him because he was preoccupied.

However, stalling could only do so much.

As the party began to slow down, some guests started to leave. Lord Atwood dumbly hoped that he could whisk past the exit without harboring your attention.

He was briefly stopped with a firm hand to his chest— courtesy of Loki— and was shoved back inside the venue.

You hooked you arm around his, while Loki stayed firmly pressed against his other side, a hand gently patting Gideon's back.

"P-Please," begged Gideon. If his heart still worked, it would be beating a million times per second right about now.

You pouted mockingly at the lord. "We haven't even started, Gideon, dear."

Loki leans in and deviously whispers, "We are going to have an awful lot of fun."

"I-I I don't understand," Gideon stammers and turns to Loki. "You're just like me. Why are you condoning this?!"

Loki chuckled darkly in reply. "I am not a simple-minded cretin like you, Lord Atwood."

"I thought you died! She killed you, didn't she?!"

"Yes," you answer for Loki. "I did kill Loki. Though, I don't remember slaughtering a certain Lord Thomas of Pennybrooke."

You and Loki exchange a knowing smile. It was sinister.

The two of you continued to lead Lord Atwood down winding corridors, occasionally laughing dramatically when passing by unsuspecting party guests. You didn't worry about them thinking other things, given how drunk most of the guests were already, they're most likely to remember practically nothing.

You figured this would be quick work. Unless, Loki decided he wanted to torture Gideon slowly for the absolute maximum amount of pain.

Upon reaching the end of a hallway, you unhooked your arm around Lord Atwood. Loki, without missing a beat, threw Gideon against the wall. You see the pathetic man try to scramble to his feet, but to no avail.

You held your silver revolver to his face. "I wouldn't do anything rash if I were you." You threatened.

Loki held Gideon against the wall by the collar. He quickly turned to look at you with feigned innocent eyes.

"Darling," he drawls sweetly. "May I borrow a stake, please?"

"Of course," you reply just as sweetly, before taking out a rather large wooden stake from your skirts. You see Gideon's eyes widen in response, his panic now more palpable in the air.