26

Bettys POV
Jughead and I held hands as we walked with Charles and Chic as Charles asked me "are you sure you'll be able to skate with your arm?"

I rolled my eyes "I skate with my feet not my hands."

He sighed and Chic shoved him slightly. "We will get some food for lunch and meet you two back on the top of the hill?"

I nodded and Charles and him began walking out hand in hand. Jughead helped me get on my skates as we entered the rink he immediately fell on his butt.

I laughed and pointed at him as he groaned "it's not funny!"

I giggled and tried to cover my mouth and quiet my voice as he got up.

"It's really easy Juggie, just watch."

He sighed and I began to slowly skate as he looked over and I stopped "come on, skate over to me."

He huffed and began slowly moving his feet and I laughed as he began losing balance and gripped onto the side.

"Clearly I wasn't made for any sort of sport."

I laughed and covered my mouth as I skated over to him holding his hands. "It's okay, you just need practice."

He sighed and I smiled as he groaned mentioning "yeah no, I'm not gonna do this."

I huffed out "come on!"

He groaned and said "let me change my jacket first, besides...I think I need a small break cause of that fall..."

He began to carefully walk out of the rink holding his butt as I sighed. I went over and grabbed one of the training sets but as I grabbed one I spotted Bret once again. I panicked slightly but tried to remain calm.

He saw my arm and smiled "ahhh...so nice to see that beautiful cast on you Betty."

I warned him "stay back, I'm not in the mood today."

He chuckled and gasped in a mocking tone "oh my god! I'm so scared! Please, you couldn't even hurt a fly."

I glared at him and warned him "I mean it, you're not gonna ruin my weekend anymore."

He smiled and muttered "oh really? Seeing you're already doing that yourself."

But as he came closer I heard "hey!"

I looked over seeing Jughead as suddenly he skated with ease and pushed Bret away from me "get any closer to her and you're screwed."

He began to laugh and looked at Jughead "awww. Treating her like glass."

Jughead held me back as he smiled "you should know, she's basically a lunatic."

He smiled and told him "and?"

He suddenly approached Bret and warned him "get anywhere near her, touch her, I will become your worse nightmare."

I looked at Jughead and...it wasn't him speaking, it was as if it was another side of him I had never seen.

His eyes and expression became filled with rage and anger, his fist curled up as Bret laughed out "really? What're you gonna do?"

Jughead smiled "believe me, you're lucky I'm not an idiot to do anything to you in public. I suggest you leave us alone or trust me, I wont hold back."

I looked away and Bret chuckled "crazy meets crazy. Suicidal lunatic, Homicidal maniac, perfect love story. I could have you arrested, doesn't your brother work for the FBI Betty? I'm surprised he hasn't locked you up yet with your threats, they don't sound like a one off situation."

Jughead sighed and began to shake and I said "Bret. You better leave right now."

He looked at me and smirked gently "you'll never get rid of me Betty, they haven't found proof of anything, what makes you think they ever will?"

I frowned and said "I don't care, I don't care if you never get the punishment you deserve but at least I know...that what you did, I will carry that the rest of my life."

He looked at me and grinned at me as I began to shake lightly and he chuckled skating away as I gulped and looked at Jughead and sighed.

"I'm sorry..."

he shook his head and I asked "why did you say that?"

I looked at him and he looked back at me as I asked again "why? Why did you say that...why did you threaten him Jughead!?"

He gulped and didn't say anything. I frowned and held his hand. "I'm sorry Betty, I'm sorry that I got upset about him wanting to hurt you. But I've met people far worse than him. People who have actually broken families, destroyed people. I know what you went through...I won't be able to understand it all...but I won't allow their to be a world where I watch you get hurt anymore by people who don't matter."

I sniffled and he smiled and looked at me "the reason I came down here...the reason I wanted to come down...I saw my mom and dad. They were happy, laughing, it felt...it felt like my life was back to normal...all because of you. All because of a girl I had barely met and known...a girl who gave me hope in the short amount of time you did, you gave me more hope than I've had in my whole life."

I didn't know whether the redness from my cheeks was from the cold or blush.

He wiped his own tears on his sleeves "I thought about my life without my dad, I saw and knew what I would become...but then I met you. A girl...who I felt so happy with me, for the first time in so long I felt something genuine."

I smiled at his words and he frowned "I know I will never be able to understand you, and I'm sorry that I can't...but just know that I will try everyday to understand. I will be there everyday and fighting to understand so that I can do my best for you."

I smiled and began to tear up at those words. "Your warmth...is what casts out all of that darkness that I was waiting to just take over...and now I will always be protective of you. I..."

I looked at him as he looked at me and I knew he was trying to say something and yet...I didn't know if I wanted to hear the words.

Touching Love...On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara