1

This is my story, my story of overcoming many obstacles in my life. My parents Alice and Hal Cooper had myself and my big brother. They had my big brother when they were just starting college, but they made it work, some years after they graduated they had little old me Betty Cooper. I've gone through a lot over the last few years of my life.

When I was younger I was and still am a bright kid, but school wasn't all that great, I was made fun of a lot can't really tell you why. But it got really bad, where in middle school it was constant nagging, constant teasing, my mom and dad tried to make the best of a horrible situation. But it got really bad during freshmen year, since everyone basically went to the same high school from middle school the harassment didn't stop.

It got really bad that I started to commit self harm, I am not...proud of my actions, but I just didn't know what to do anymore. It got really bad one night when all I did was just...I won't say for triggers but it got to a point that I fainted, and when I woke up I was in the hospital, my mom sobbing in one chair my dad holding her.

My brother who was supposed to be across the country was standing at the foot of my bed talking with a doctor and I saw my arms and wrists and thighs wrapped in bandages. I was scared, I started crying, I felt selfish, why did I do this? To my own family? A family that loves me and I did this.

My mom and dad had Charles move back home. I felt like a burden to everyone. I was watched. Driven everywhere for the last month of school, I found out that I would be transferring for my sophomore year & moving to another city.

As my parents packed the car I wasn't allowed to do much, no sharp objects, being watched 24/7 I felt...like a burden that should be rid of. I sat in the car in the front seat as I had my hands in the pockets of my sweater.

I looked out the window as my brother came in smiling "you ready? Mom and dad just finished loading the truck."

I sniffled and told him "you don't have to go with us Charles..."

He smiled and told me "I do. You're my little sister."

I sniffled and told him "yeah, you could be doing a lot better without me."

My brother sighed and buckled my seatbelt and a tear fell from my left eye, down my cheek.

"Hey..." he rubbed my shoulder as I began to cry and hold my face as be held my leg.

I told him "I just became a huge burden for you, for mom, dad, I'm basically back to be a one month old baby..."

I choked up and heaved holding my face "hey..." he muttered to me.

I cried and he held my hands telling me "don't worry, the FBI allowed me to be stationed in Riverdale for as long as I need."

I cried out "but...that's not fair."

He smiled and told me "I have to help my little sister, I can't have anything happen to you."

I sniffled and he pushed back my hair from my face. He gave me a kiss on the head and I felt his chin rest against my head.

"Come on, we'll get some snacks before we get on the road." He assured me.

I nodded and he smiled at me as we left. It took us the whole day to get to the small town of Riverdale but we made it.

As we got to the house we saw our parents had gotten there a little earlier. They already began moving things in. Charles went out of the car and talked to my mom as I began to gather some stuff in the car to put inside.

I grabbed some boxes as Charles came over taking them "I can do it Charles."

He smiled and said "nope, won't take a chance for your cuts to open up."

I sighed and he walked over with my mom.

Charles came back telling me "mom and dad are starving, I am too, come on, there was a diner up ahead."

I nodded and got into the car with him and we drove off. We made it to the diner as Charles began to order.

I rubbed my wrists as Charles rubbed my shoulder as the man said "would that be all?" 

Charles nodded and the man smiled. We were practically the only ones in here besides a guy that was sitting alone on his computer in a booth. 

Charles suddenly gave me his card saying "if he's ready pay for it, I've gotta use the bathroom." 

I nodded and he went ahead to the restrooms. I sat down in a stool and kicked my legs as I adjusted my sleeves hearing "I have never seen you around." 

I turned my head to the voices eeing the same person, the only other person here, he approached me as he set his mug down on the counter saying "where you from?" 

I told him "my family and I just moved here." 

He nodded "nice, going to Riverdale High I presume?" 

I nodded again "that's the plan." 

He smiled and told me "well, I'm being transferred there this year too, so I guess we can be new faces together." 

I nodded looking away as he said to me "I'm Jughead." 

He reached for my hand and I looked at his hand slowly shaking it back "Betty." 

He looked at me and pulled away and I rubbed my wrists as he asked me "you okay?" 

I nodded as I held my wrist as he thought of an idea "oh, well, how about I buy you a milkshake?" 

I smiled saying "umm...it's fine really." 

He smirked and shouted "Pops! Get me one vanilla milkshake for the new girl." 

I felt my cheeks turn a light pink as I said "thank you, you didn't have to do that." 

He shrugged "believe me, I don't do that for many girls." 

I looked at him as I saw a small smirk appear on his face and I turned away rubbing the back of neck. 

"Umm...that's sweet I think?" 

He let out a chuckle and I smiled as the milkshake came and I smiled taking the cup and drank some of it and smiled "I haven't had sweets in a while..." 

He smirked "you look like the type to like one every now and then." 

I nodded softly as my brother came out asking "Betty? What's going on?" 

I turned my head smiling "Charles, this is Jughead, ummm this is my older brother." 

But as I turned back to my brother hr grew defensive asking Jughead "what did you say to her?" 

I frowned and held Charles' arm "Charles he said nothing." 

Jughead then said "I just bought her a milkshake." 

My brother shoved him away saying "leave her alone." 

I grabbed Charles's arm harder "it's okay, he just bought me a really good milkshake." 

I smiled holding the cup as he grabbed it saying "he could've done something to it." 

I scoffed and claimed "he didn't, Charles I was right here!" 

The man came out with our food as Charles growled out "stay away from my sister." 

He chuckled and told him "whatever was just trying to make casual conversation." 

He left the diner and I frowned as I brother took the milkshake from my hand making me flinch by the sudden action. He threw it out in the trash and I frowned and as we left the diner. 

I asked Charles "why did you do that?" 

He scoffed and told me "Betty! Anyone can hurt you! You've seen it!" 

I frowned and told him "but this is a new place Charles!" 

He shouted "yes! But that's weird! Do not take offers from a stranger like that, ever!" 

He got into the car and I followed in after.